Search similar:

uniqs

Bones
@dodo.com.au

Bones

Anon

[General] Help!! Linksys SPA101 can't receive incoming calls

SPA101 can't receive incoming calls.

This phone has worked fine for several years and has just suddenly spat the dummy. Any clues any one?
rblizz
join:2001-12-16
North Richland Hills, TX

rblizz

If it's unlocked, you might try a factory reset, then reprogram it. Or see if your VoIP provider (or Internet provider) has changed any settings recently. Also, has anything changed on your home network? But it's also possible that it has just given up the ghost.

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro to Bones

to Bones
If it's several years old the power adapter may have failed. Many times the capacitors inside swell and while the adapter still provides some power, the voltage drops below the value required to run reliably.
rblizz
join:2001-12-16
North Richland Hills, TX

rblizz

said by toro:

If it's several years old the power adapter may have failed. Many times the capacitors inside swell and while the adapter still provides some power, the voltage drops below the value required to run reliably.

Yep. I should have thought of that. My brother's SPA2102 went out this weekend. It kept dropping registration on both lines -- took about a minute to do this after powering up. He had an extra power supply on hand, so I told him to try that -- it's worked fine ever since. He had been having intermittent problems with it for a couple months.