Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to MEeastern_ca

Re: Colosseum Online Inc. review

said by MEeastern_ca:

As for the link hm you can look this information up based on the court order. I do not believe.

As for Mickey mouse companies. If I pay for a service and they failed to supply this service then the company should be punished. Colosseum offered to refund me my money but refused to perform the action.

The point is that you have a pattern of signing up with fly-by-night companies and then inevitably being upset when they implode or fail to provide decent service. If you would just start out with a reputable company to begin with, you wouldn't be changing providers every other month.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

hm

@videotron.ca

In a way I think it's good. This way it just confirms what we keep telling him and at the same time he gets to go to court or file with the CCTS. And I do suppose he doesn't just demand a refund on money spent, in both instances he can demand compensation. More than enough fly by nights providing services that can make him a pay check for the next year.
*shrug*

Seems he's onto Ebox now (not that this one is a fly by night)

MEeastern_ca

join:2012-01-12
Brampton, ON

Maybe you people who probably work for Colosseum don't realize that this is a court decision a company with a A+ rating settles the issue before it goes to court. Colosseum Online inc in Canada,Ontario, Toronto did not even show up for court and did not respond to the first subpoena sent to the company.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23

said by MEeastern_ca:

Maybe you people who probably work for Colosseum don't realize that this is a court decision a company with a A+ rating settles the issue before it goes to court. Colosseum Online inc in Canada,Ontario, Toronto did not even show up for court and did not respond to the first subpoena sent to the company.

Please identify which people in this thread you're claiming work for some tiny fly-by-night company that none of us had ever heard of before before you chose them as your ISP-of-the-week?
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to MEeastern_ca

said by MEeastern_ca:

Maybe you people who probably work for Colosseum don't realize

I'm not sure where or why this is being said, but ok.
*scratches head*

I don't have much time between my job for the MPAA, my copyright extortion company, Canprie, and, now, my new job over at Colosseum to go further than what I wrote here.

*shrug*

akoostik

@allstream.net

said by hm :

said by MEeastern_ca:

Maybe you people who probably work for Colosseum don't realize

I don't have much time between my job for the MPAA, my copyright extortion company, Canprie, and, now, my new job over at Colosseum to go further than what I wrote here.

*shrug*

Haven't you also been moonlighting as the CRTC Chairman too?

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
reply to Guspaz

said by Guspaz:

The point is that you have a pattern of signing up with fly-by-night companies and then inevitably being upset when they implode or fail to provide decent service. If you would just start out with a reputable company to begin with, you wouldn't be changing providers every other month.

Reputable is so subjective. Even TSI for a lot of people would be considered fly-by-night too. All the other independents and CLECs are very much a mixed bag too.

hm

@videotron.ca

said by 34764170:

Reputable is so subjective. Even TSI for a lot of people would be considered fly-by-night too.

said by Guspaz:

TSI isn't fly-by-night by definition, since they've been in business for 14 years...

I think the word(s) you are both looking for are:
disreputable, disgraceful, dishonorable, ignominious, infamous, louche, notorious, opprobrious, shady, shameful, shoddy, shy, unrespectable.

See: »www.merriam-webster.com/dictiona···eputable

They even use an internet service provider as an example in the link. Very similar to the No refund issues for the low quality (or non-service) we see.

So take you pick of one of those words to describe them.

But fly-by-night works just as well since in infers a company who takes your money and gives you nothing in return... kind of like getting a 2-meg service when you were sold a 30-meg service.

So the definition kinda fits them.