Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to zacron

MVM

to zacron

Re: Where is CanerisErik

I don't know, all I can say is that OpenWRT/MLPPP, which is rather buggy, hasn't seen an update in over a year. And since our plan was to transition Tomato/MLPPP development to them, there is basically nobody currently working on any MLPPP projects.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

well to be fair, demand for MLPPP has probably dived down to near zero... throttling is gone, so no need for single link, and higher speed dsl is available, so is tpia cable in most of the areas....

MLPPP was great and served a great purpose...
jumpingryan
join:2008-07-27
Pembroke, ON

jumpingryan

said by HiVolt:

well to be fair, demand for MLPPP has probably dived down to near zero... throttling is gone, so no need for single link, and higher speed dsl is available, so is tpia cable in most of the areas....

MLPPP was great and served a great purpose...

I used to have MLPPP not necessarily to beat the throttle, but to just short of double my speed.... I loved it, and MLPPP still serves a purpose in providing undeserved areas who have minimal dsl a way to upgrade their service by paying more....

The true issue with the popularity of MLPPP was simplicity.... To the technically inclined, it is/was simple.

To the average Internet user, terms like"flashing", bios, PPP, and in some cases DSL modem were beyond the understanding they wanted for faster YouTube. It was hard to justify Improvement of their net connection if they just don't understand how to do it and how it works.

The undeserved areas will always exist until widespread fiber to the home rolls out (which will be a long way off). I urge the providers and developers to continue developing MLPPP to keep giving people like me who love rural living a high level of connectivity.

Thank-you for your work on this project to both providers and developers. At my next job move (in the summer), I will be looking forward to reviving MLPPP at my home!

Ryan