how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

[PvP] Lack of Respect

The video pretty much sums it up. With a little dmg as I was doing in 5 mans, i decided not to pvp with the rogue this expansion. You other OG's seeing the same thing?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=nncOKX0y5lo&hd=1

--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

blackthought

join:2010-04-08
Phoenix, AZ
did he have weapons equipped?
That was horrible...

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Venom1
Yeah, painful to watch. Worst part was I had hoped they would readjust rogues from beta to live so I leveled my rogue first. I had full honor and JP which I converted to get as much honor pvp gear as I could, plus the rep grinds. Pretty much shelved now since even in PVE we seem to be underperforming on average compared to other classes. Been leveling up a druid from lowbie and have my lock at 88 now.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Venom1
It's the ebb and flow, bro. Ebb and flow.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
there's ebb... and then there's drought.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4

2 edits
reply to Venom1
Rogue had been my main since BC, he's sitting at level 85 currently.

It's not just terrible Rogue damage.

Having to decide between Shadowstep and Prep is absolutely stupid.

Hunters have Readiness untalented. (My current main)
Mages have an easy decision for Cold Snap (and obviously still have blink)
Shamans have an easy decision for Call of the Elements

^ Fix Rogue Blizzard.

Edit: More Rogue Rage:

Hunters get GLYPH to remove dots so scatter doesn't break.

Rogues have to use their level 75 TALENT to keep blind/gouge from breaking from your own bleeds/poisons (doesn't even help if other teammates have dotted the target like the Huntard glyph does).

^ Dumb.

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

there's ebb... and then there's drought.

This.

Plus, like Snuff said, having to chose between shadowstep and prep is a killer in PvP. Against ranged/heals SS is all but required, so most are losing out on prep or they get kited to hell and back.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to Snuffbox
We could talk about the level 90 Mage talents for PvP...but it's safe to say that the positive options far out weigh this one negative.

I mean, you've gotta take Incanter's Ward, there really isn't another choice. It's a shit absorb that's on a 25 second cooldown and only lasts for eight seconds...and you don't even receive a real benefit from it unless it's broken by damage. I'm not positive, but surely it can be dispelled, right?

I know your rebuttle will be something about Cold Snap, Ice Block, Spell Steal, and Glyph of Counterspell...amongst other things that I'm sure I'm leaving out. And, honestly, Mages are and always have been a more than formidable class for PvP.

It's just stupid that the only REAL option for our max level talent is lackluster at best.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI

1 edit
Invocation? 25% increased damage for 40 seconds?

Force trinket and players literally die in a deep freeze, sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Mages are getting nerfs, Rogues SHOULD be getting buffs. I don't think there's any room for QQ as a Mage right now...

Inb4"evocation" - Strong cooldowns require setup, intended.

said by McBrain:

and you don't even receive a real benefit from it unless it's broken by damage.

It's pretty easy to force it to be broken by damage (speaking from Arena, not lolbgs).

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to McBrain
all three top teams in the championship had a mage and a shaman, i sense a pattern here

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

Hunters have Readiness untalented. (My current main)

Hunters get GLYPH to remove dots so scatter doesn't break.

i went hunter this xpac as well. my old main was armswar and eventhough its fotm, i feel the nerf bat winding up soon.
Readiness/BM is just too good right now imo.
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

Invocation? 25% increased damage for 40 seconds?

I've not PvP'ed on my Mage at all, but it seems like it'd be pretty damn hard to get a ~5 second channel of Evocation off in most situations...Sure it's possible, but I'd go out on a limb and say that it's not reliable. I'd have to assume that the uptime of the buff would be horrible in most cases, meaning that the static 6% you get from Incanter's Ward would be a better option.

I agree with you that Mages have a ton of tools at their disposal to succeed at PvP, I was just pointing out that the level 90 talents aren't amongst them.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
kudos:1
reply to Venom1
Kill the W.ele, thats the way to stop a mage

ChadS81

join:2008-01-20
Saint Marys, PA
reply to Venom1
Rogue players are just upset they can't kill people in a stunlock with their Legendary daggers now.

Venom1

Augusta, GA

1 recommendation

said by ChadS81:

Rogue players are just upset they can't kill people in a stunlock with their Legendary daggers now.

thats totally it, what insight, can't believe I've overlooked that.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31

1 edit
reply to ChadS81
said by ChadS81:

What an asinine statement. After reading the cogent arguments above, how do you arrive at that?

Skittle's conspiracy theory for the day: Blizzard knows perfectly well how to make a balanced or near to balance in PvP, but chooses not to.
Instead it cycles each class getting OP/buffed so that players will play or create those alts and spend time grinding gear/matches to get that OP feel from their gaming experience and thus spend more time playing WoW.

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON
Except mages.

ChadS81

join:2008-01-20
Saint Marys, PA
reply to Venom1
At least you admit it.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Skittles
said by Skittles:

Skittle's conspiracy theory for the day: Blizzard knows perfectly well how to make a balanced or near to balance in PvP, but chooses not to.
Instead it cycles each class getting OP/buffed so that players will play or create those alts and spend time grinding gear/matches to get that OP feel from their gaming experience and thus spend more time playing WoW.

I actually agree with this to some degree.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
Reviews:
·Charter
said by Snuffbox:

said by Skittles:

He's almost 100% on mark.

Venom1

Augusta, GA
said by Phantasee:

said by Snuffbox:

said by Skittles:

He's almost 100% on mark.

the "qq" we are hearing from now is from the full time rogues, not the fotm rerollers; the rerollers are rolling monks now.
--

Cows

join:2010-02-27
reply to Venom1
Have you played a DK in PVP this expansion. All DK gets is massive DMG and no control. Rogue has alot of control but lacks burst.
Should merge the 2 classes and call it death ninja.

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB
reply to Venom1
Just FML.

I leveled up my rogue as my second toon for the pure reason that he was my inscriptionist and I needed the BOA caster staff for my main raider.

All I have to say is, I didn't really like rogues before, now I HATE them. PVP is a joke, I can't even do 2s for points in full dreadful gear. PVE is a joke unless the gods gift me 2 targets RIGHT next to each other, and no more or else real dot classes do better.

Im still farming LFR and some valor on him in hopes of the needed 30% dmg buff AND talent/glyph fixes.

But now I am leveling up a third alt. Paladin or Hunter I am not sure.

(I also am not happy with what they did to Guardian bears, my previous main spec throughout Cata)

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Hunters and Paladins are good places right now. What's wrong with Guardians? They are pretty fun, though I'll admit I didn't do much bear work in Cata.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
said by Immer:

What's wrong with Guardians? They are pretty fun, though I'll admit I didn't do much bear work in Cata.

Blizzard breaks bear mechanics and compensates by making bears OP. Look at Icy Vein's stat priorities:

The stat priority for a Guardian Druid is:

Stamina (until you have enough, see below);
Hit Rating (until 7.5%);
Critical Strike Rating;
Expertise Rating;
Haste Rating.

Everything is focused on rage regeneration to use Savage Defense (60 rage, 45% chance to dodge for 6 sec) and Frenzied Regen (60 rage, 40% increased healing on you for 6 sec)--Agility (No longer grants dodge!!!), crit, hit, expertise, haste.

I'll take my hail mary and say I do not raid Guardian, I raid Feral, and just use Guardian to get through heroics. Having a crit-focused tank to generate lots of rage to constantly throw up short-duration CDs is a shitty tanking strategy, IMO.

It would make more sense--at least to me--if the game favored prioritizing dodge, mastery, agility, and stamina, instead.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Krisnatharok:

Having a crit-focused tank to generate lots of rage to constantly throw up short-duration CDs is a shitty tanking strategy, IMO.

I'll agree that the stat/resource piece is odd, but the mitigation model feels fairly close to DK (blood shield) and Paladin (SotR) mechanics... while still being rather unique. But I can clearly see where people are frustrated when comparing Guardians to Cata Bears.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego (US:Nathrezim)
Good times with Great people in the Best way to spend $15/mo.

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Feralmordius

join:2011-01-18
reply to Krisnatharok
Paladins are sort of leaning the same way. Where some are haste building after hit and expertise capping. Same idea applies in more Holy Power equals more heals (WoG) or bubble (SotR). Think this is a result of Bizz attempt on active mitigation.

Of course Paladins get dodge/parry on their gear unlike bears.

I have just started tanking with my Guardian and I think its fun but that might just be because I go bored of the pally.
--
Tiermordius on Nathrezim Server (US)
Main Tank for Pride and Ego

Threatco

join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB
reply to Threatco
I am not saying the way I liked it was best.

I liked being able to 90% afk while tanking, hitting minimal aggro buttons and every once in a while a CD. This kept me free to focus on raid leading. And the other part I liked was I was a true hybrid, I could go from raid progression tanking to raid progression feral dps without changing one single thing.

Now it feels like I have to really focus hard on my active mitigation to not get walloped by a boss I vastly outgear. No more eating cereal while tanking...

I can see from the game design perspective the reason for the changes, but I think they took them too far.

Even if re-merging guardian and feral is for ever off the table, at least making tanks a little less squishy when not activly pressing mitigation short CDs would be AMAZEBALLS.

And that stat priority bothers me too. That priority works good when you are activly mitigating like a champ. But when your barley able to focus on what your doing while your herding cats on vent, it sucks. And I just want to gear for passive avoidance/mitigation/eh. But that's noob so I can't...

My solution is I respecced resto/moonkin this patch.