uniqs
Robrr
join:2008-04-19

Robrr to Gone

to Gone

Re: Gasoline Prices Below 99 Cents/Litre By Christmas

said by Gone:

said by Robrr:

The bold section is what you are failing to understand. Mike2009, Vue666, myself and others don't want computers running the car.

He does understand. The point he is making is that you guys don't matter.

Or more appropriately drivers have become complacent, lazy and totally disengage from the act of driving which is why engineers are slowly working to have it so that someday people will just sit in the vehicle and not actually do anything related to driving.

Oh well, at least at the end of the day you'll be able to put take that phone call while putting on your makeup and eating breakfast on your morning commute.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by Robrr:

Oh well, at least at the end of the day you'll be able to put take that phone call while putting on your makeup and eating breakfast on your morning commute.

If Google has anything to do with it, absolutely.

When it comes down to it, how you feel about driving is ultimately irrelevant, as 80-95% of the drivers out there drive to get from A to B or to lug their kids hockey equipment around or whatever. In other words, for utility, not for fun. Car manufacturers will cater to that market while complying with regulations. Providing fuel efficient manual transmissions for the few enthusiasts out there who drive for enjoyment rather than utility simply doesn't make financial sense.

In other words, to say it again, you don't matter. That's just the cold hard truth.
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to Robrr

to Robrr
said by Robrr:

said by Gone:

said by Robrr:

The bold section is what you are failing to understand. Mike2009, Vue666, myself and others don't want computers running the car.

He does understand. The point he is making is that you guys don't matter.

Or more appropriately drivers have become complacent, lazy and totally disengage from the act of driving which is why engineers are slowly working to have it so that someday people will just sit in the vehicle and not actually do anything related to driving.

You mean like those cars that paralell park assistance?

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by vue666:

You mean like those cars that paralell park assistance?

i get a kick out of that feature...on a big truck or van, i get it...but a Focus with parallel park assist??...really???...if you can't parallel park a Focus, stay off the fucking roads.

it reminded me of a debate i had with some people on another board about the Scion iQ...they rambled on about how great of a car this was for "urban commuters"...i countered that it had a lot of drawbacks to other cars like a Honda Fit, or Kia Rio5...they said the small size of iQ was perfect for someone who doesn't need a larger vehicle and that the iQ's size would be easier to manage in the city...again, if you can't manage a Honda Fit or a Rio5, take the bus and don't drive a car, period.