uniqs
Nesse
join:2009-06-12
Naperville, IL

Nesse to Goggalor

to Goggalor

Re: Halo 4

said by Goggalor:

Lone Wolf Legendary is much harder than Co-op Legendary. You have been warned (this coming from a guy that did Reach LWL).

I know for a fact that Spartan Ops Legendary Elites & Knights are stupid crazy hard to kill. During Episode 2, Chapter 1... yes the same one I mentioned the other day.... an Elite took 3 shots from a beam rifle, to the head at extremely close range and was still standing. They can also take two shots from Fuel Rod Cannons and not die.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

Was it a scoped shot from the beam rifle, Nesse? An unscoped headshot from the sniper rifles actually does not do as much damage as a scoped in one does, if I remember correctly.

As for the Fuel Rod cannon, that sounds about right for an elite on Legendary: one shot to drop his shields, the next to damage his body/kill him.
Nesse
Naperville, IL

Nesse

said by Goggalor:

Was it a scoped shot from the beam rifle, Nesse? An unscoped headshot from the sniper rifles actually does not do as much damage as a scoped in one does, if I remember correctly.

As for the Fuel Rod cannon, that sounds about right for an elite on Legendary: one shot to drop his shields, the next to damage his body/kill him.

I think it was scoped, but its possible it wasnt due to how close I was. I get that it will take 2 shots, one to drop the shields and one for the kill. I would very much accept that. Only thats not the case. In both cases... The fuel rod cannon and the beam rifle 2 shots did not kill the elite.

I have been having a blast with Spartan Ops. Finished the first two Episodes on Legendary and the weeklies that go with them. Started on Episode 3 last night. Not a fan of the respawn placement or the fact that active camo only works sometimes. I cant count how many times I have been respawned in the middle of enemy forces only to be killed before I could even turn around or get my bearings. Worse is when I immediately use the camo and they still make a beeline for me. Worse still is when this happens with 2 wraiths, as was the case last night.

On a final note.... the concussion rifle.... does this thing kill ANYTHING? I mean... besides me.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm

Best way to kill elites/knights on legendary is to take down their shields asap and then use a precision weapon to headshot them. Headshots are easier on the elites, but it is possible on the knights.

To take down their shields, the storm rifle and plasma pistol are ballin. then use a DMR/BR/Light Rifle/Carbine to headshot them.

-The needler works wonders. On the elites, if it explodes, they die. Can't say I've tried on a knight.

-Plasma cannon/turret is the most ballin weapon around. Seriously, just rip it off and go to town. Not only does it kill anything fast, but I almost believe there is a slight stun effect also.

Another note for Spartan Ops: Don't be afraid to die. It will happen and as long as you use that 'life' to do as much damage to the enemy forces as possible, you'll be good. Really, I only have problems with the Prometheans so my kill order is as follows:
Watchers > Crawlers > Knights

Watchers first because it's never fun to have to kill a Knight a second time. Crawlers next because they are one shot kills. Then Knights when they are the last you need to worry about.

I've also never been a fan of using the Active Camo against AI as they always seem to know you're there regardless. Now Hologram on the other hand works freakin wonders! They fall for that shit all the time! Even if its just long enough to come out and pop a few small guys in the head and duck back behind cover, it works.

Concussion rifle; can't say I've seen one yet or remember it. I also have not played Episode 3 yet.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by Grimm:

Concussion rifle; can't say I've seen one yet or remember it. I also have not played Episode 3 yet.

Concussion Rifle is the Covenant weapon that works/shoots like a grenade launcher. Reddish orange color to it; only elites ever carry one.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm

derp.... thank you. I have used it numerous times lol. Does piss poor damage though on legendary from what I remember.
Nesse
Naperville, IL

Nesse to Grimm

to Grimm
said by Grimm:

Best way to kill elites/knights on legendary is to take down their shields asap and then use a precision weapon to headshot them. Headshots are easier on the elites, but it is possible on the knights.

To take down their shields, the storm rifle and plasma pistol are ballin. then use a DMR/BR/Light Rifle/Carbine to headshot them.

-The needler works wonders. On the elites, if it explodes, they die. Can't say I've tried on a knight.

Another note for Spartan Ops: Don't be afraid to die. It will happen and as long as you use that 'life' to do as much damage to the enemy forces as possible, you'll be good. Really, I only have problems with the Prometheans so my kill order is as follows:
Watchers > Crawlers > Knights

Watchers first because it's never fun to have to kill a Knight a second time. Crawlers next because they are one shot kills. Then Knights when they are the last you need to worry about.

I've also never been a fan of using the Active Camo against AI as they always seem to know you're there regardless. Now Hologram on the other hand works freakin wonders! They fall for that shit all the time! Even if its just long enough to come out and pop a few small guys in the head and duck back behind cover, it works.

Once the shields are down, Elites drop easily. Its the getting the shields down fast enough that can be problematic. Especially when there are 3-4 in a group and at least one of them is carrying a fuel rod cannon. As for the needler, not a huge fan of that particular weapon.

Oh Im not afraid to die... I just dislike being respawned in the middle of a butt ton of enemies.

I use the same order for Prometheans... You really have to take out those Watchers first. The big issue with them... if Im using a precision weapon other than a sniper rifle, it takes multiple shots and they often fly out of the line of sight before they die. Unless Im just not shooting them in the right spot. If thats the case... someone fill me in on the "headshot" for Watchers.

Active Camo usually works pretty well for picking off the bad guys, but every once in awhile the AI just knows where you are and will hunt you down regardless of the camo. Active Camo didnt work so well in Episode 3 Chapter 1. I'll switch out the AC on one of my loadouts and try the Hologram.