Search similar:

uniqs

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

My suggestions for the Gen4 HT1000

Well tonight my speeds just are'nt getting a whole lot of getty up, unless its steam servers thats slow cause my speeds are down below 100 and 200 its suppose to be getting full speed but its not.. It hits 1mb/s every once in a while but it drops way back down and i believe Hughes should turn off the cap free thing cause its allowing all the Gen4 customers to download what they want and how fast and when they want to. I also believe hughes should consider making some of there things a little more balanced out so that download and upload speeds will not go from say 10Kb/s one second and then 1.2Mb/s its just not very good imho.

The service is performing really well on the other hand, everything loads up faster like my tunngle and steam but if you have a heavy download going on then believe me- you are going to notice it!
I know Hughes is still working on Gen4 and i think they should work a little hard and take pride for what there serving, cause its really good service than the older modem's and package's. I love this new modem and i am only going to say this once, with this new modem i will not be downloading as much as i use to due to Hughes's hard work to get the satellite bird up and running and provider everyone service. I don't wanna see it go so soon like with the HN7000S cause our old HN7000S did a great job and it did'nt last very long but it did well imo and I thank that, that modem and dish lasted us 7 years (I think) but now there's the HT1000 witch perform's 10 times better.

HN7000S, you will be missed R.I.P.

markrpopp
join:2004-06-03
Appleton, NY

markrpopp

I would have to say things are good! The new service is like the difference between night & day wow.

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88 to diablo18926

Anon

to diablo18926
There is actually a very good chance you are suffering from a software bug... The satellite can handle ~500,000 people all pulling 10Mbps at one time VERY easily. I doubt Hughesnet has doubled it's customer base in 3 months.

Do your self a favor, reset your modem and see if speeds improve slightly.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by C0RR0SIVE88 :

Do your self a favor, reset your modem and see if speeds improve slightly.

Already tried this and none of my downloads moved an inch and i checked on the modem the entire time to make sure it was fully working and it was, but after a little bit the connection had shown an error and then things got reset so this made it worse (if possible)
Liberty
Premium Member
join:2005-06-12
Arizona

Liberty to diablo18926

Premium Member

to diablo18926
Open another tab and run a speedtest

Its what I do on my cable connection sometimes when I get a slow download, I run a test on another tab and always see my connection is way way faster - so know its the server dragging its feet

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

Well yes thats gonna happen but its basically making the servers cough up the data speed and thats also not healthy on the new servers.
Oh well im not too worried right now cause im getting most of the speed back and its still too early to be worrying since hughes is still probably doing some work.

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88

Anon

Diablo, what state codes are listed in your state code monitor???

11.4.1, 12.x.x???

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

2 edits

diablo18926

DELETED
hughesnet123
join:2012-11-08

hughesnet123 to diablo18926

to diablo18926
I'm still going strong on my HT1000. I still haven't seen much speed drop. One day I did have around a 7-9MB connection on a rainy day. But even then, that's fast enough to not notice it unless you do a speed test. My cap is still resetting so far, although it is taking longer to reset. It used to reset faster. Now sometimes it takes until the next day. The night cap still doesn't turn on.

Heavy downloading isn't a good thing with Hughesnet. With their caps. But as far as browsing and even watching youtube video's the 40GB a month is suitable unless you just watch videos all day. As far as browsing the web, you could do that all day and not run out the cap.

But when you start downloading and uploading, that changes things. Especially if it's video. This is why when my cap starts I will be going to my parents house to do downloads on my laptop because they have unlimited DSL.

Before Gen 4 I had a verizon air card and I had to do the same thing to upload video's, download movies from itunes, etc. Some people don't have this convenience though.

My word of advice for people uploading is to compress video's as much as possible while still keeping them looking good. You can upload a good video at 400-500MB with a good compressor. As far as download's, that changes.

I also keep the youtube player at 360P and tell it to not play higher quality video. Because I'm afraid they will turn the cap on and I'll forget and sit there and watch everything in 720p.

I don't have online Netflix anymore, I switched to getting them through the mail. At my old apartment I had cable internet and could stream Netflix. I'm not even going to try that with Hughesnet. Some people do it but I don't want that eating up that many GB of my internet browsing time when I can just get the DVD in the mail.

Hughesnet has satisfied me. Out here in the country this is as good as it gets. The internet is smooth and never cuts out and it never slows down enough to notice.

But as long as Satellite internet puts these very low caps on, they will never compete with any real ISP's. Plenty of people would choose Gen 4 over DSL if they had a bigger cap.

If I was them, my main goal would have been to get the customers as fast as possible with as big of a cap as we possibly could without slowing everyone down. Realistically, they could have made the cap bigger.

If they would figure out a way to have a solid 100GB cap, no Bonus bytes. Just 100GB across the board, they would have plenty of satisfied customers. Or, if they did random resets whenever they seen they had room for it non stop.

Still cheaper than Verizon. I paid 150 dollars a month for 20Gb of Verizon 3G and I only had 2 bars. I got about 1.5MB down and it sucked badly.

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

Anon

to diablo18926
In the monitor, the list is just a list of possible state codes... You had me freaking out the first 10 or so, then I realized you posted the entire list of possible state codes.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

In that case i don't have one right now and it might take a while for one to come up, right now it shows 0.0.0- fully operational

Need
@direcpc.com

Need

Anon

The modem stores or archives logs.

So upon reboot, you will not see any "x's" but in the archived area you should.
MichelleBTX
join:2012-11-15

MichelleBTX to diablo18926

to diablo18926
Click on state code history, it will give you a list on what state codes you've had and how many times. Just paste it here, compare it to the list, if your summary stats says monitoring_load under association try a force re association.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to C0RR0SIVE88

to C0RR0SIVE88
12.3.1 44,52
12.3.2 44,145
12.3.3 1,3
12.3.4 6,50
12.4.1 87,88
12.6.2 144,159
20.1.1 22,174
30.1.1 3,1764
MichelleBTX
join:2012-11-15

1 edit

to diablo18926
Edited posted the previous one in the wrong topic. Ill post with an update you shouldn't be getting any other state code than 0.0.0 though especially that many times
MichelleBTX

to diablo18926
By the relation of each state code you seem to be having packet loss and some sort of transmission issue. Call tech support demand they escalate to advanced tech and let them know what's going on. They will probably end up sending a tech more than likely.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by MichelleBTX:

By the relation of each state code you seem to be having packet loss and some sort of transmission issue. Call tech support demand they escalate to advanced tech and let them know what's going on. They will probably end up sending a tech more than likely.

After having Gen4 for just one week?? thats crazy, i dont think so.
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel to diablo18926

to diablo18926
Click for full size
interesting.. I'm seeing the same kinda codes as well. would be something if Echostar 17 is turning into space junk.

I don't think anyone is getting the speeds they are paying for unless it's certain beams that are functioning correctly..

I've never seen anywhere close to the PowerMax 15Mbps down and 2Mbps up.

It's either the satellite or at the gateway...

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

What beam are you on??

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88

Anon

The issue is related to TCP connection amounts it looks like, they are aware of the issue and are working towards a fix I think...

Basically, there are too many connections at one time (a single web page could have 100+ constant connections) and the system bogs down, thus getting the 11.x.x and 12.x.x state codes.

Diablo, if you are gaming, or download things, keep an eye on that list and see if 12.3.2 goes up... The main issue is 12.3.2 and 12.4.1, 12.3.4 is related to 12.3.2, as would be 12.3.3.

Also, if you get a 11.1.4, it can cause 12.3.2, 12.3.3, 12.3.4, and 12.4.1 one right after the other.

I smell a patch that fixes these issues most are seeing, and im willing to be the ones complaining about bad speeds have similar state code checks.
C0RR0SIVE88

Anon

to diablo18926
One last thing to mention, heres my current list.

State Code Transitions Total Duration (s)
12.3.2 0 65
12.3.3 0 5
12.3.4 0 10
12.4.1 0 13
12.6.2 0 11
20.1.1 0 9

I rarely notice speed drops, unless the errors occur, and usually when they come along I also get disconnects.
TexasRebel
join:2011-05-29
Edgewood, TX

TexasRebel to diablo18926

to diablo18926
Beam #44 that serves NE Texas and Gateway #9, supposedly located somewhere in Montana.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

So here I am again commenting on this thread after almost 3 weeks have past and i am still getting the same error's... this company is completely ridisulous and i seriously, seriously doubt that HN is EVEN listening to there customers.. The Gen4 has been up and running for about a few months now so can we start talking about good business or are we gonna continue putting on our costumes and continue to talk about how bad HN is?

I know I'v had enough, and I think they should start taking care of Gen4 instead of flushing it down the toilet and throwing away the customers.