share rss forum feed

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to hm

Re: New Band Rates?

Only 4 Wire Centres in Toronto are Rate Band A - the rest are B.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
I don't believe this changes anything for dry loop fees for GAS. It may well if reviewed..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

1 edit
reply to HeadSpinning
said by HeadSpinning:

Only 4 Wire Centres in Toronto are Rate Band A - the rest are B.

I don't know what constitutes a wire centre (are you talking ASQUITH and DUFFERIN and such? If so, many of those buildings cover areas that are both Band A and Band B). I do know that when I sold a lot of DSL, I found that about half of Toronto proper was on Band A, and the other half Band B. Outside Toronto proper, Band A was pretty rare. Almost everybody in an urban area was at most Band B.
--
electronicsguru.ca

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by Teddy Boom:

Almost everybody in an urban area was at most Band B.

Band C in urban areas becomes much more common once you get out of the GTA.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

Windsor, ON
reply to Teddy Boom
said by Teddy Boom:

I don't know what constitutes a wire centre (are you talking ASQUITH and DUFFERIN and such? If so, many of those buildings cover areas that are both Band A and Band B). I do know that when I sold a lot of DSL, I found that about half of Toronto proper was on Band A, and the other half Band B. Outside Toronto proper, Band A was pretty rare. Almost everybody in an urban area was at most Band B.

In Toronto, Adelaide, Asquith, Eglinton and Simcoe are Band A Wire Centres. Everything else is Band B.

In Ottawa, O'Connor is Band A, everything else is Band B.

As near as I can tell, there are no other Band A offices outside of those 5 in Ontario. London, Kitchener, etc., are all Band B or higher.
--

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
said by HeadSpinning:

In Toronto, Adelaide, Asquith, Eglinton and Simcoe are Band A Wire Centres. Everything else is Band B.

Well, I've gone through Asquith exchanges on Teksavvy's rate lookup tool (which seems to be gone now) many times, and I know for sure that some of the exchanges at Asquith came up as Band B. I'm also pretty sure that some exchanges on Dufferin came up Band A.
--
electronicsguru.ca

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

Windsor, ON
said by Teddy Boom:

Well, I've gone through Asquith exchanges on Teksavvy's rate lookup tool (which seems to be gone now) many times, and I know for sure that some of the exchanges at Asquith came up as Band B. I'm also pretty sure that some exchanges on Dufferin came up Band A.

Then either you were mistaken or Teksavvy's lookup tool is wrong. My information on Toronto and Ottawa rate bands is taken directly from the tariffs filed by Bell with the CRTC.
--