Technicolor TC4400

2 edits

Dustyn to siljaline

Premium Member

to siljaline

Re: ww10.virustotal.org

We have a winner...
[att=1,l]
Such verbosity for something so simple. Your provided "referenced" link is not typed correctly: »en.wikipedia.orgwiki/Typ ··· squatter
So I'll correct it for you: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ty ··· squatter
I thought this was a simple enough request... Now that I look over the thread you just provided the perfect example of what a Typosquatter error is: »Re: ww10.virustotal.org

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 recommendation

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Dustyn:

We have a winner...
[att=1,l]
Such verbosity for something so simple. Your provided "referenced" link is not typed correctly: »en.wikipedia.orgwiki/Typ ··· squatter
I thought this was a simple enough request...

FWIW, my impression was that siljaline was providing an example of a harmless typo.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn

Premium Member

said by NetFixer:

said by Dustyn:

We have a winner...
[att=1,l]
I thought this was a simple enough request...

FWIW, my impression was that siljaline was providing an example of a harmless typo.

Correct.
However Typosquatter should be clarified in a valid working link for those who are unaware. So I did that. That "typo" link can also create a DNS redirection / ISP search hijack issue.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

From Wikipedia:

Typosquatting, also called URL hijacking, is a form of cybersquatting, and possibly brandjacking which relies on mistakes such as typographical errors made by Internet users when inputting a website address into a web browser. Should a user accidentally enter an incorrect website address, they may be led to an alternative website owned by a cybersquatter.

We all do make the odd error when adding a link in the conversation, are we know on the same page ?