All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Phil89
@telus.net

Phil89 to bimmerdriver

Anon

to bimmerdriver

Re: Optic internet speed increase coming soon?

So what does the tech have to do exactly? Some of you have mentioned that it is all software.

Currently have Optik Turbo. Ordered Optik 50 today, just wondering how long the install might take and what access the tech will require.

StarBuck4
join:2011-01-16
Beverly Hills, CA

StarBuck4

Those who have ordered Optik50, where might you be located ? I just called ( lower mainland) and was told it's only available in PG ( BC) and Edmonton
Anyone outside those areas ordered it ?

Phil89
@telus.net

Phil89

Anon

Prince George
Symtex
join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC

Symtex to StarBuck4

to StarBuck4
Optik50 can be provide under two type of technology : Loop bonding and Single line. Prince George and Edmonton are the Loop bonding trial region. Only the Actiontech V2000H is supported.

The communication when out yesterday and not everyone is aware/trained to handle. For the single line Optik 50, TELUS only support the Actiontech V1000H officially. It technically available to anyone who qualify for it. I stress qualify here. I still believe personally TELUS needs to do a better of qualifying more user for the higher end product. I won't get into the details about our service qualification. This is a battle that needs to be fought internally and not in an online forums.

This is why I will sometime step in and help user which I believe deserved a better customer experience from TELUS. I do that of my own kindness and I can't always help everyone.

Note : I do believe it works with the Alcatel modem but stop harassing care agent. There is nothing they can do about it. Tech hands are tied. They will deliver an Actiontech V1000H. You might be lucky depending on the tech or the region. It possible they have some in the truck. It doesn't hurt to ask if that's what you want but don't get mad at them. They don't get to decide.

I have the Actiontech V2000H and loop bonding at home. Like many user I am not a big fan of the combo hardware but it does work. I use my other router as an Access Point. I am not running any web, mail or any type of server at home so I am not that concern about the advance capability that a modem and a separate router would give me.
tkmckay
Premium Member
join:2002-01-01
Calgary, AB

tkmckay

Premium Member

Symtex, thanks for the always informative reply, its greatly appreciated!

m999
@108.181.132.x

m999 to Symtex

Anon

to Symtex
Thanks Symtex, so what's the big deal about bridging the Actiontec? Is it the risk that the techs will have to address dealing with home owner routers?

Don't get me wrong, I love Telus25 (in my opinion a consistent and superior service) and would not go back to Shaw but why not cater to a wider market that need a higher end services?

Like you said, your battle to fight I guess...

m
e_phils
join:2001-04-19
Canada

e_phils to StarBuck4

to StarBuck4
I ordered HS50 earlier today and I'm in Langley, close to 200 St & 64 Ave.

StarBuck4
Beverly Hills, CA

3 edits

StarBuck4

Thanks e_phils, At least I know that someone nearby has ordered it.
4 calls , 4 different agents... "what's optik50", "that's only a trial in Edmonton", "can't be done", "maybe some time in the future", " Here's 5$ off a month because you were given the wrong info on-line and people shouldn't be posting that it's available"

Hey I got a 5$ discount for 6 months, but that's not what I wanted...

Wow Telus really need to do a better job of this, didn't they know that there would be ALOT of pent up demand for this ?
It seems that every product launch is the same thing... a mess.

I know that's a little harsh, and truth be told, my service (once I replaced that $&@#$PH^^# Actiontech,) has been rock solid , the techs and CARE agents have been extremely helpful, even when I breached the laws of physics and put 2 ... yes 2... 430's on the same account at the same time but ..... I can see the DLSAM from my window, I was trained at 78/xx etc... ... I know Optik50 is available, but no...
It's only for a Langley/PG and Edmonton.

Symtex, I really do appreciate your every post ( I like the technical stuff myself) (actually I appreciate all the Telus guys who post here) , because without you most of us would be flying blind when we deal with Telus.

Thank you
Kruisey
join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

Kruisey

I am not on GPON so it might be a few years before i get beyond 25

StarBuck4
Beverly Hills, CA

StarBuck4

Wow, the seas have parted.... The stars have aligned,,, and the ICBC has lowered it's rates.... ( well ok that just never going to happen)

Finally my 5th CSR and " Yes we will be there on the 19th to install optik50.... " Who knew it could be so easy I did ask about an ALU just to push the boundaries of space and time... "what's an ALU"
Ha ha ... too funny.. I'll chat with the tech and see if he's in good mood. I guess that means I'll have to dust off the Actiontec and plug it in before he arrives. rolls eyes