Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

Blogger to hurfy

Premium Member

to hurfy

Re: know the gauges in your car

Wow, I went through two replacement starters in about four years with the last one lasting less than a year.

My mechanic said for my specific rather older car, (21 year old Mustang GT) that starters were one of the hardest decent replacement part to get. All most impossible. In fact it was pretty much limited to finding one that is the least bad. (The made in China factor combined with the specific part.)

One side note: I was 135 miles from home when my starter quit, as usual without any warning, on a Saturday night.

The car was towed those 135 miles. My Auto Club Premium membership payed for the tow one hundred percent. (Max with my coverage is up to 200 miles.)

Without even limiting the the topic to just autos or travel I have to say the triple AAA auto club is the single best value and services for the money of anything I've ever bought or spent monies on.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

This I certainly agree with. I have AAA and even though I rarely need it. I know that if my car needs a tow I can get it towed. Parents have it too. My mom was able to get her car towed from Philly to the shop we use in Turnersville NJ. no extra cost just show the AAA card.