Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to NetFixer

Re: ww10.virustotal.org

said by NetFixer:

said by Dustyn:

We have a winner...
[att=1,l]
Such verbosity for something so simple. Your provided "referenced" link is not typed correctly: »en.wikipedia.orgwiki/Typosquatter
So I'll correct it for you: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typosquatter
I thought this was a simple enough request...

FWIW, my impression was that siljaline was providing an example of a harmless typo.

Correct.
However Typosquatter should be clarified in a valid working link for those who are unaware. So I did that. That "typo" link can also create a DNS redirection / ISP search hijack issue.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

From Wikipedia:

Typosquatting, also called URL hijacking, is a form of cybersquatting, and possibly brandjacking which relies on mistakes such as typographical errors made by Internet users when inputting a website address into a web browser. Should a user accidentally enter an incorrect website address, they may be led to an alternative website owned by a cybersquatter.

We all do make the odd error when adding a link in the conversation, are we know on the same page ?