Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to Juggernaut

Premium Member

to Juggernaut

Re: BB10 launches Jan 30

i had a Samsung Corby Pro (no idea what it used)...it was terrible and really turned me off "smart phones"...i used it for maybe a year and went back to my BB Pearl (which was just used as a phone)...i've had my iPhone5 for almost a month now and it is quite nice.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

My current phone is android. I love android. It offers me certain customizability and performance that no blackberry out today can match. Its also further along the innovation curve than apple is. That being said, I want BB10 to be awesome. If it is, then it will drive innovation among all OS's. But I also want it to succeed so that IT departments can offer a work solution that people actually want to use.

However, a quality os is no guarantee of success. Windows Phone 8 is a wonderful os, but nobody is moving to it en masse like they should be. Mostly because they're late to the dance and it requires a learning curve for people who have gotten used to android, ios and even blackberry. I'm hoping BB10 doesn't follow the same fate.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
Reliable? The folks here still on BB have suffered through several outages while those of us with Exchange set up on android or ios have had completely uninterrupted service. My Nasdaq-listed company is bailing on BB in the coming months. They basically said it offers nothing that isn't available on the other platforms, which employees are increasingly choosing for their devices, and requires extra infrastructure and resources that aren't worth it.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by pnjunction:

Reliable? The folks here still on BB have suffered through several outages while those of us with Exchange set up on android or ios have had completely uninterrupted service. My Nasdaq-listed company is bailing on BB in the coming months. They basically said it offers nothing that isn't available on the other platforms, which employees are increasingly choosing for their devices, and requires extra infrastructure and resources that aren't worth it.

yea...i'm not an IT guy, but as i said, what was once about 80 BB units is now less than 10, and everything "just works"...i don't know anything about how the stuff works, but it does...we still have more iPhones than Android devices, but the number of Android devices has steadily grown.

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

Yea, Blackberry Enterprise server is not as simple to manage as Activesync and there's far too many sadsack Microsoft / A+ certified IT people out there who can only handle simple things like Activesync which "just works".

Research in Motion fouled up when they released an upgraded software package that was harder to manage than the previous version. Rather than arrogantly tout the advanced abilities and greater administrative powers one has managing Blackberry's, they should have created a software package that community college level IT could manage as well.