Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to kdhamann

Re: No more Hostess Twinkies for a while

Hostess could have weathered the unions and upper management if the War-on-Junk-Food hadn't sent it on a death march.

The last Hostess product I ate were Snowballs back in the early 90s.
Mostly I didn't care for their product line; it wasn't much better than Little Debbie.
When I did eat commercial snacks I liked stuff by Dolly Madison and Tastykake.

But nowadays the only pastries I eat are home made, gluten free and beyond tasty.
(Though I still have to choose between them and losing weight)

Cya Hostess. Can't say I'll miss you but it's always a little sad to lose an American icon.
--
Campaign contributions influence laws through a process called bribery.

meeeeeeeeee

join:2003-07-13
Newburgh, NY

2 edits

Geee... A LOT of the brands you talk about were OWNED by Hostess. They're gone, with a whole lotta jobs. Dolly Madison, Drakes, Wonder Bread... All gone.

Oh Yeah... they ALSO did a lot of baking for many local.regional companies, which are now SOL. More jobs gone. Look at the wrappers of your favorites that say "Interstate Brands". Yep, was baked by Hostess... it's gone.

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House

said by meeeeeeeeee:

Geee... A LOT of the brands you talk about were OWNED by Hostess. They're gone, with a whole lotta jobs. Dolly Madison, Drakes, Wonder Bread... All gone.

I mentioned three + Hostess. That doesn't seem like a lot.

said by meeeeeeeeee:

Oh Yeah... they ALSO did a lot of baking for many local.regional companies, which are now SOL. More jobs gone. Look at the wrappers of your favorites that say "Interstate Brands". Yep, was baked by Hostess... it's gone.

Again, the primary reason they're gone is people don't want what they're selling. Hostess was on the skids before the latest union/management dust up and the reasons for that aren't going away.

As far as jobs and what not; I welcome ex-Hostess employees to the real world that most people live in, with all it's uncertainties and challenges.

Weaning from the protective teat of Gov/Unions is difficult but I have faith they'll learn to stand/walk/run/thrive without it.
--
Campaign contributions influence laws through a process called bribery.