All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
DarthPrime
join:2005-02-12

DarthPrime to BlueArcher

to BlueArcher

Re: 24 Mbps package

I saw told I should be able to get up to 24 Mbps when I moved here in 2007, but at that time I could only get 3 Mbps. I gradually got upgraded to 12 Mbps during 2008 (first 6, then 12).

Anyway the only equipment I have is the ONT outside, and battery backup in the garage. I can use whatever router I want, which is nice. However they do supply a standard wireless G Linksys router. I guess if they had to change anything it might be the ONT, but I don't see why... I'll give them a call.

Do you happen to know the price of the 24 Mbps package with unlimited phone?

BlueArcher
Premium Member
join:2003-03-11
Lexington, KY

BlueArcher

Premium Member

Yes, only $5 more: $64.99
DarthPrime

DarthPrime

Thanks BlueArcher. Did you call the normal number to order this package? and did you have to ask for anything specific?

BlueArcher
Premium Member
Lexington, KY

BlueArcher

Premium Member

Yes, the normal number. I actually called about something else and they brought it up. She specifically said it was just released on 11/10, so I am sure at this point all the reps have been trained on it.

There did still seem to be a little confusion about the 24/2 vs 24/4 packages, and she really had no idea whether I would qualify for VDSL or gbond, but those are mildly technical areas that I didn't really expect to get answers from the sales group on.
Jackal1
join:2010-08-10
Lincoln, NE

Jackal1

Yeah, I chatted yesterday. Found out I can get 12/2 for $3 more than what I'm paying for 12/.8, or 24/2 for $10 more. Would be well worth it to get the higher upload for $3/mo if I didn't have to fork over $120 for a new modem. Oh, well...maybe they'll have some specials later on?

BlueArcher
Premium Member
Lexington, KY

BlueArcher

Premium Member

They will let you spread the cost of the modem over 3 months, which is what I did.
DarthPrime

DarthPrime

I called today, and was told its not available to me yet, but coming soon. I was told to call back in Dec.
Jackal1
join:2010-08-10
Lincoln, NE

Jackal1 to BlueArcher

to BlueArcher
said by BlueArcher:

They will let you spread the cost of the modem over 3 months, which is what I did.

It's not that I need it spread, just not sure it's worth an additional $10/month for a year to get the additional speed. Of course, it's paid for after that, so....

Guess I'll have to ponder a little longer.

BlueArcher
Premium Member
Lexington, KY

BlueArcher

Premium Member

Let me post my speed tests tomorrow, that might help