join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA

1 edit

ConstantineM to rblizz

to rblizz

What a bunch of trolls!

said by rblizz:

said by ConstantineM:

I highly advise against putting CallCentric into the mix.

You've turned into a one issue crank, Constantine. Give it a rest.

CallCentric themselves have been advising quite recently to not use their SIP registration servers (and use "Call Forwarding" to a SIP URI instead) due to their DDoS attack (I still haven't received a memo that this was no longer the case, BTW (but that is another topic)), yet here we are, people take what I said completely out of context, reducing it into a one-line advise that it never was!

Besides, you've obviously completely ignored the basis of my "highly advise against" advise: CallCentric disallows multiple simultaneous registrations. This is a big deal, and the reason I've never used CallCentric SIP registrations even prior to the downtime event, because in many cases, they could be highly unreliable. I use several VoIP apps on my phone, and CallCentric SIP registrations HAVE ALWAYS BEEN VERY UNRELIABLE BY THEIR DESIGN OF NOT ALLOWING CONCURRENT REGISTRATIONS! This has nothing to do with October 2012. This has nothing to do with the rest of the services that CallCentric provides, which I've never unconditionally recommended against.

The sub-discussion in this thread, which I've joined, was about Google Voice, IPKall and CallCentric SIP registration. The advise I gave was SPECIFICALLY AGAINST CALLCENTRIC SIP REGISTRATION SERVICE. Not about any of their other services, might you notice if you weren't trolling!

PX Eliezer704 See Profile, thanks for reminding me that I don't like CC not sending a proper "+" sign in their Caller ID; now please kindly so tell us how that's relevant to this sub-discussion of IPKall and Google Voice? To be even, maybe I should mention that PX Eliezer704 See Profile rather openly hates both IPKall and Google Voice, because they're both free and offer great and unmatched service (IPKall being unmatched prior to CC offering the Free New York Phone Numbers), but don't offer any value-added services and present little need for a support helpline?
Networx
join:2012-06-27
Canada

Networx

Amen!!!