join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog to ilikeme

to ilikeme

Re: Wiring up an apartment building

said by ilikeme:

said by Inssomniak:

said by ilikeme:

As for getting them to share that slow of a connection, that will cause more complaints and problems than its worth. My 2 roommates and I personally have a 50mb FIOS fiber connection and it works great. We had 30 before and at times even that would be slow if we were all streaming movies and/or gaming at the same time.

You are depressing. 6 meg DSL for a family here and it seems plenty fast enough for me.

How is it depressing? The three of us are film/television majors and constantly uploading and download projects, plus gaming, streaming netflix, etc. Makes the U-Verse VDSL connection at my parents house seem like dial-up when I do work there.

Your view is skewed which makes you hardly qualified to be part of this discussion.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme

Premium Member

Do explain. I am just providing my point of view as a college student who knows quite a lot about networking and what students are using their connections for these days.

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6

Premium Member

said by ilikeme:

Do explain. I am just providing my point of view as a college student who knows quite a lot about networking and what students are using their connections for these days.

The OP is a former college student that is well aware of the issues.

If you want to continue this off-topic discussion, how about taking it to PMs?
TheHox
join:2012-05-31

TheHox to ilikeme

to ilikeme
Yes, college students would love 30mb, or 50mb fios, or more, so would I. But what we are offering them is free basic internet, just like free basic cable TV, that comes with their lease.

If they want upgraded TV service, or upgraded internet service, they can do so, and pay for it.

From us, they will get 10/2, and that itself is not even guaranteed. We only have a 100/10 connection our self.