Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

Netflix stream in browser VS. APP.

I stream netflix on my HTPC in the browser. On W-8 there is an option to add the netflix APP. Is there any plus to using the APP VS. Browser . I don't seem to have any issues with viewing in the browser .

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by norbert26:

I stream netflix on my HTPC in the browser. On W-8 there is an option to add the netflix APP. Is there any plus to using the APP VS. Browser . I don't seem to have any issues with viewing in the browser .

IF it ain't broke, don't fix it?

The App is naturally full size and runs separate from the other apps (programs) that might be running. Switching between windows might be easier. But some people might prefer it in the browser.

The way I see it, some prefer a lager beer, some prefer an ail. In your case, you might like just clicking the Netflix App rather than going to the browser and navigating to the netflix website.

Netflix App does look great on W-8, but the end result is no different than the browser.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

I Installed it better interface and picture quality better then through browser. I will use the APP instead it looks like.

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
reply to norbert26

"App" is not an abbreviation.

BoulderHill1

join:2004-07-15
Montgomery, IL

App is an abbreviation.

It is short for application.

Xioden
Premium
join:2008-06-10
Monticello, NY

When refering to applications, "app" is not an abbreviation any more than "bike" is an abbreviation when referring to a bicycle or motorcycle.

Oxford Dictionary:

app noun
Computing

a self-contained program or piece of software designed to fulfill a particular purpose; an application, especially as downloaded by a user to a mobile device: apparently there are these new apps that will actually read your emails to you

Webster Dictionary:

1 app
noun \ˈap\
: application

But importantly not to be confused with either:

2 app
abbreviation
Definition of APP
1 apparatus
2 appendix
3 appliance

3 app
abbreviation (Medical Dictionary)
Medical Definition of APP
appendix

BoulderHill1

join:2004-07-15
Montgomery, IL

So it is exactly as I said.

App is an abbreviation for application in the same way that bike is an abbreviated way to refer to a bicycle.

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09

I should have said that "app" is not an acronym. Not sure what I was thinking.

Anyway, my point is that it does not need to be capitalized. People frequently do this with "mobo" as well.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

I still use MB or mb for that, no clue honestly when it changed to mobo.

But I can understand the change as mb/MB could be mistaken for Megabyte.(though I see that as MiB sometimes too, but then I think Men In Black)
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports