how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

balloonshark
Lets Go Mountaineers

join:2006-08-11
WV

Amazon is not showing green padlock in site identity bar.

When I sign in at Amazon.com it is not showing the green padlock in the site identity bar. I know it's working correctly because I see it when I try to sign in at ebay and newegg. Is this a problem on my end or with Amazons certificate?

I'm using firefox 16.0.2 with NoScript and ABP. I'm also using the MVPS hosts file, Online Armor and Avira free.
--
If we quit voting, will they all just go away?

evoxllx

join:2007-06-07
Winter Park, FL

1 edit
said by balloonshark:

When I sign in at Amazon.com it is not showing the green padlock in the site identity bar. I know it's working correctly because I see it when I try to sign in at ebay and newegg. Is this a problem on my end or with Amazons certificate?

I'm using firefox 16.0.2 with NoScript and ABP. I'm also using the MVPS hosts file, Online Armor and Avira free.

They don't appear to have an EV cert, Firefox did away with the colors a while back for all other types of certs.

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to balloonshark
How do I tell if my connection to a website is secure?
»support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how···r=3&as=s
--
Gladiator Security Forum: www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

balloonshark
Lets Go Mountaineers

WV
reply to evoxllx
Thanks for your replies. I just recently updated firefox to a version that has the site identity button. I've been relying on the green indicator to let me know that everything is "safe". I wonder why they don't have an EV certificate?
--

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
said by balloonshark:

Thanks for your replies. I just recently updated firefox to a version that has the site identity button. I've been relying on the green indicator to let me know that everything is "safe". I wonder why they don't have an EV certificate?

They feel they don't need one. If you're Amazon people trust you once the padlock appears.

balloonshark
Lets Go Mountaineers

WV
said by capdjq:

They feel they don't need one. If you're Amazon people trust you once the padlock appears.

Thanks for your reply. I feel a bit differently than they do. It's just strange that a company as large as Amazon doesn't have the same certificates as paypal, newegg, etc.

I have another question. How do I know that all items on that page are encrypted? I believe in older versions there was a broken padlock. I used to see this a lot when signing into yahoo mail.
--