All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

booboo22
join:2009-01-19
Southlake, TX

booboo22 to JimE

to JimE

Re: General locations would be fine with me.

Just about everyone I know has smart phones. My wife just keeps on surfing the web on her iPhone during an outage. I cannot continue to work from home though, as I need secure email access.

It's trivial to go to their web site. Further, I can go 3 blocks to my local library and get on their free WIFI. So, please let's get Charter to post the outages on their website.
kherr
Premium Member
join:2000-09-04
Collinsville, IL

kherr

Premium Member

It's not smart to use a connection you NEED for work or business that is residential grade. You need a T1 or other that has an SLA. Residential is a "best effort" connection and should not be used for critical applications. You get what you pay for. With an SLA they may call you before you notice that the line is down. Trying to go cheap doesn't always pay off.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned) to booboo22

to booboo22
said by booboo22:

Just about everyone I know has smart phones. My wife just keeps on surfing the web on her iPhone during an outage. I cannot continue to work from home though, as I need secure email access.

It's trivial to go to their web site. Further, I can go 3 blocks to my local library and get on their free WIFI. So, please let's get Charter to post the outages on their website.

I personally do NOT have a smart phone and nobody I know has one either.

Anecdotal evidence? Agreed.

booboo22
join:2009-01-19
Southlake, TX

booboo22 to kherr

to kherr
Haha! you are going to get a T1 at home. I do appreciate your sense of humor though!
kherr
Premium Member
join:2000-09-04
Collinsville, IL

kherr

Premium Member

There's a lot of people that do if they rely on it for mission critical situations. My brother ended up getting one when his ATT DSL failed and he lost thousands because of it.