darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
reply to Snakeoil

Re: Last Resort - Canceled

ABC has cancelled freshman series Last Resort. The military drama will still air all 13 episodes of its original order but will not continue past that.

Since debuting in late September, Last Resort was hailed by many critics as one of the strongest new dramas of the 2012-2013 season, but ratings for the show failed to match up to its critical praise. This past Thursday's episode was its lowest-rated to-date, likely sealing its fate.

Can't say I'm surprised.
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
Damn, it was getting interested. they should have done this as a mini series.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
There was definitely some interesting things going but so much of it felt contrived to me and some of it was just plain stupid (who puts prisoners in a brig where said prisoners can talk to the rest of the crew and cause problems? STUPID.)
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

ABC has cancelled freshman series Last Resort. The military drama will still air all 13 episodes of its original order but will not continue past that.

Since debuting in late September, Last Resort was hailed by many critics as one of the strongest new dramas of the 2012-2013 season, but ratings for the show failed to match up to its critical praise. This past Thursday's episode was its lowest-rated to-date, likely sealing its fate.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Damnit! Damnit!! DAMNIT!!!! »/r0/download/1···_ani.gif
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to darcilicious
Bad news. I really liked the show.
I've only seen about 5 episodes so far, but they were all pretty good.
I'll probably watch until the end to see how it goes.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13

1 recommendation

If they provide an answer, there's no point to anyone picking up the show later on.

If they don't provide an answer, viewers will feel pissed off and betrayed.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
said by PX Eliezer70:

If they provide an answer, there's no point to anyone picking up the show later on.

If they don't provide an answer, viewers will feel pissed off and betrayed.

Agreed.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo