uniqs

devicemanage
Premium Member
join:2002-03-16
Southampton, PA

devicemanage

Premium Member

[Exchange] Exchange 2007 and Active Sync

I am wondering if anyone has had any success with running active sync in a single exchange 2007 server setup? I have set the server up for home/personal use and do not want to purchase a ssl if it's not necessary for testing. It is running with the ssl right now but it is about to renew and just curios.

Thanks

urbanriot
Premium Member
join:2004-10-18
Canada

urbanriot

Premium Member

Are you hosting your domain from home? If not, then you wouldn't need a proper certificate from a CA. I'm doing it now with my personal phone so our family keeps our schedules inline.
Riamen
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Calgary

3 edits

Riamen to devicemanage

Premium Member

to devicemanage
I'm running Exchange 2010 on a Dell server in my basement and I run 3 email domains on it. Never purchased a certificate and I use ActiveSync with no problems.

If you do not want to purchase a certificate you will have to create a self-signed certificate using Certificate Services.

devicemanage
Premium Member
join:2002-03-16
Southampton, PA

devicemanage

Premium Member

Thanks for the replys...

I have 3 domains on my server, 2 with email and I am hosting all of them on the server. I have fios and had some weird issues, had to employ dyndns mailhop relay to get around port blockages but port 443 is fine. I never could get the phones to sync until I put a cert on my domain. Maybe it was an oversite on my part. My exchange 2003 server worked fine without a ssl and thought it was just something that 2007 required.

Riamen, how do you like exchange 2010?
Riamen
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Calgary

1 edit

Riamen to devicemanage

Premium Member

to devicemanage
It's alright, it's a nice evolutionary upgrade over 2007.