spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Legato1983

join:2012-11-17

FiOptics ZTE Router/Modem...

Does anyone here know how to set this router/modem into bridge mode so I can use it as strictly a modem and then use my currently owned router as my router? The setup on this ZTE is pretty terrible and not straight forward what-so-ever.

If anyone knows how then please let me know.

Thanks.

CVGNet

join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH

Bridge mode was certainly possible on the ZyXel modem used previously. Do you info on the ZTE unit? Model number? Have a look around in the interface configuration for any mention of routed versus bridged operation.

However, if you want to use your own router it needs to support IGMP proxying to use the IPTV service.

Legato1983

I am using the ZTE ZXDSL931WII. I only have internet service so I shouldn't have a problem with bridge mode if I can just figure out how to set this router/modem into bridge mode.

Thanks for your response.

CVGNet

Cincinnati, OH

There is a PDF manual here which may cover the necessary details around pages 64-66.

»personal.inet.fi/private/micax/9···V2.0.pdf

Legato1983

Thanks mate. I was able to get into Bridge mode and now I'm using my own router and wow what a difference. CB should probably consider dropping ZTE for their boxes because they are garbage imo.

Neo827

join:2012-11-24
Cincinnati, OH

What steps did you follow for this I have been looking through that PDF since we got fioptics and everything I have tried does not work right.

Neo827

@fuse.net
reply to Legato1983

Can you tell me the steps you went through to get it into bridge mode

CinBell

@cinbell.com
reply to Legato1983

Hi Legato1983,

My name is Katie and I work for Cincinnati Bell. Can you email me your account # and a convenient contact # so we can have someone reach out to you? Please email me at cincinnati.bell@fuse.net

Thanks,

Katie
Cincinnati Bell
Social Media Team

CVGNet

Cincinnati, OH
reply to Neo827

Please note my earlier comment regarding IPTV. If you have Fioptics TV on the FTTN product you need to have a router that supports IGMP proxying if you want to put the supplied modem/router into bridge mode.

Neo827

join:2012-11-24
Cincinnati, OH

I just have the internet service so IPTV no issue there. Just need to stop double NAT issue so I can bring my VPN online.