spc
uniqs
ConstantineM
join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA

ConstantineM to DaveSin

to DaveSin

Pinger 25/30/ -- "we had to give the number to someone else"

If you use Pinger as a secondary app, and don't use it for 25 days, they send you a message saying that you haven't been using it for 25 days, and must use it within the next five days, or your number will be recycled.

Apparently, just opening the app and replying to the very message that says that you haven't been using the app is not enough.

If you do as above, in 5 days, they'll send you another message, kindly informing you that your number has ALREADY been given to someone else, and suggest that if you want to continue using Textfree by Pinger, that you can only get a completely different number right away. WTF?

I didn't bother getting a new number after that. Obviously, they have to recycle numbers from test and abandoned accounts etc, but I don't think the above specific practice of recycling valid and logged-on accounts is user-friendly at all. No Pinger for me! And Pinger users, be warned, too bad if you ever get off the grid for 30 straight days!

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro

Re: Pinger 25/30/ -- "we had to give the number to someone

And what does this have to do with the current thread ?
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to ConstantineM

to ConstantineM
said by ConstantineM:

If you use Pinger as a secondary app, and don't use it for 25 days, they send you a message saying that you haven't been using it for 25 days, and must use it within the next five days, or your number will be recycled.

Apparently, just opening the app and replying to the very message that says that you haven't been using the app is not enough.

If you do as above, in 5 days, they'll send you another message, kindly informing you that your number has ALREADY been given to someone else, and suggest that if you want to continue using Textfree by Pinger, that you can only get a completely different number right away. WTF?

I didn't bother getting a new number after that. Obviously, they have to recycle numbers from test and abandoned accounts etc, but I don't think the above specific practice of recycling valid and logged-on accounts is user-friendly at all. No Pinger for me! And Pinger users, be warned, too bad if you ever get off the grid for 30 straight days!

Texting and sms is so important o you that you fall off the grid for 25 days? Don't think you have fallen off the grid complaining about a company that doesn't have sms for that long.