Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kiknwing

join:2010-12-13
Ogden, UT
reply to pcrequest

Re: [Qwest] My bill will D O U B L E Nov 22

When you call in, select the cancel internet service option. You will be connected to the retention department, this department will offer you the best deals. I have had pretty good luck at getting promotions extended when talking to the reps in this department. When talking to the reps be polite, explain that you like the service you are receiving and would prefer not to switch to comcast (mention the 29.99/month comcast deal if they don't extend your current promotion), and only say cancel/disconnect service if you mean it. Also you can also save $6/month if you buy the modem instead of leasing it.

pcrequest

join:2007-01-13

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to wait till Monday to call them. I'll report back. I recall not wanting to buy the modem, since I wanted the option of switching providers.

pcrequest

join:2007-01-13
reply to kiknwing

They offered about the same price (about $68 per month) plus caller ID, solicitor rejections, etc, so that seemed fair. Same internet. I asked about buying the Q1000 modem and they offered it for $74. That's about what I pay for rental, so I bought it, so my bill is back down to $62 per month for the next year. Thanks for the advice.