share rss forum feed

tomdlgns
Premium
join:2003-03-21
Chicago, IL
kudos:1
reply to TBBroadband

Re: Outbound mail server Spoofed.

my question is....why are you still with hostgator?

also, with that small number of users, you are better off using hosted exchange from another provider (or using google apps, free for 10 users or less).

PToN
Premium
join:2001-10-04
Houston, TX
reply to TBBroadband
It looks like backscatter to me. We had some of that going on earlier this year. Tuning up the spam filter to actually check for backscatter solved the problem.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath
reply to tomdlgns
I am moving away from HG right now. My question was basically if it was just me.

I used to use GoogleApps but ran into problems with a couple of my domains. A couple of the domains that were tied to the account would stop working. So that was when I made the move. But I'm working on bringing my websites in house and working with another company on creating my own "cloud" as a back-up.

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
reply to izy
the spammers were actually sending through the mail server. But yet still claim that since it was a shared server they're unable to implement any security on the POP/IMAP/STMP server as it would "break" the internet and their servers.

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
reply to H_T_R_N
that domain only has 2 email addresses. I was hosting about 15 websites with them. They had everything as far as my websites and emails.

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath
reply to PToN
the problem with doing much with HG is they're at the power of everything, especially on a shared/rented machine that wasn't dedicated. But hopefully everything will be fully taken away from this week as planned and moved over. I have a huge billing system there on WHMCS that is currently being backed up and being moved to my T1. And that will be the last thing.

unixwolf

join:2007-05-04
Flower Mound, TX
reply to TBBroadband
You got "Joe Jobbed"