uniqs

shrug
@videotron.ca

shrug to iamdrumming

Anon

to iamdrumming

Re: ikTel Networks - Niagara ISP

said by iamdrumming:

Again, how could they rate a service if you have never used them? Likewise, why would someone go the the Start forum and slam Start, but never used the service?

So we will all now assume the little tiff is over.

In regards to your question; on one hand, I'm sure the service is good... When it's functional. I don't think anyone is really complaining that when it works it works and there is value that you have for the money you spent.

On the other hand, many people look at a service as a whole how they communicate, what they do, how they react, how they speak, how they come across, and problems people encounter.

Up above you used teksavvy as an example. So I'll use them as well in this example. iktel, just like teksavvy, has issues, ignore issues, ignores people, and treat people like... well... like idiots.

For example, in this topic, »Re: Quebec Cable - Slow Speeds (vCable) , we see a person who was lied to (ie. tsi not admitting there was indeed a problem on their end with videotron. They then played this person along like a fool stating:
unfortunately we don't provide a credit for these. We do sell the service as an "Up To" as there never is a guarantee of what can/could/would/will happen." - TSI Martin

I mean if i bought that service and they couldn't even possibly give me the service they are selling, I would be very vocal about it, rag on them, head to the CCTS (if they didn't want to refund my money), and dump them fast.

So don't go thinking this doesn't happen in the teksavvy forum, or even think that people don't see the dirt in teksavvy and how they treat people. People do see it.

So back to iktel, and your question quoted above. So just like some people who would never recommend tsi (and be vocal about it), some would never recommend iktel for what has been shown here, and be vocal about it. One does not need to have had the service to have followed what has happened more than one in the past (and the iktel guy who disappeared), and how people were all left in the dark with no services, or little to no speeds.

Does one really require to have had the service to show this, explain this, and tell people this? No. Not at all. It's not like he gave a review of iktel. So I don't know how or why you can state he rated it/reviewed it. All the rating and reviews that have been performed on this company can be found here:
»User reviews - ikTel Networks

Do you see his rating/review? I don't. If he did rate this company (ie. do a review) of this service and he never had it, you can "hey mod" the review, explain it and likely have it removed. But none of this ever happened. There never was a rating or a review. Just his opinion of a company who hides from its very own customers.

Nothing more.

I hope that clears up your "perception" of a rate/review to his/her opinion so far of the company.

All this seems to be a misunderstanding of what goes on the forums and maybe you don't know about "reviews" (or the link to the actual reviews) that are actually done by people.

So if none of this is clear for you now... then I dunno. Maybe you are just over reactionary, or other. I mean you have been here a while it seems, so none of this should be new to you.

Some people like cheap. This would be iktel. Some people don't. This wouldn't be iktel.

And I don't mean cheap as in low cost. I mean cheap and in low quality.

But hey, they are newish. Maybe a year or so from now they will be a great company. Colba started off like this, had some major failures and it took a couple of years for people to look at and even speak of them again. This is no different. Up to this company to change or continue hiding from their customers and potential customers.

So thanks for understanding that other people will reply and state what they see and think, even if they never used the company in question. Just like it happens with other companies, in other topics and in other forums.

And I must admit, the real and actual ratings of this company don't look too great.

Awol
@cogentco.com

Awol

Anon

I find it hilarious the majority of the guys keeping this thread alive, no longer have Iktel or ever did. I am getting my moneys worth, you guys can spend more $ and have fun and brag about who's usb stick is bigger lol. Nice to know most Iktel users have a life and don't have to sit on a forum all day and night....

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by Awol :

I find it hilarious the majority of the guys keeping this thread alive, no longer have Iktel or ever did. I am getting my moneys worth, you guys can spend more $ and have fun and brag about who's usb stick is bigger lol. Nice to know most Iktel users have a life and don't have to sit on a forum all day and night....

And it's because of customers like you that Alan is willing and able to continue to treat his customers like shit and why you will all come crying here every few days/week about how your Internet is down and how Iktel's office phone number and website are down, too. Then those of us who see this thread and realize what a sham of an organization Iktel is will chime in and say that you're all getting ripped off, you'll try to justify how somehow you aren't being ripped off, and then this entire process will repeated itself.

When you kids all grow you'll one day realize that there comes a time where quality is far more important than cost.

shrug
@videotron.ca

shrug

Anon

said by Gone:

you'll one day realize that there comes a time where quality is far more important than cost.

There is a market for cheap. The, "I saved 1$ plus tax" crowd. This is the same group of people that take Acanac.

People will defend cheap and continue to buy cheap. Quality, stability, support, consistency and reliability be damned. I saved a dollar.

There is a market for it. There is a big DSLr presence of this crowd. And then there are those who just can afford better. So can't really blame them or the situation.

But people should be made aware of what they are buying. Many are oblivious to it and just look at price as the determining factor.

Two sides to the coin too...

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Acanac, for all their faults, at least seems to be somewhat reliable, if not for the fact that when something does go wrong you can't get a hold of anyone to fix it. Most of their issues seem to be provisioning and billing related. Once you're up, it usually stays up.

But Iktel? Whether or not the service works on any day is like getting an answer from a Magic 8 Ball.
Expand your moderator at work