uniqs
share rss forum feed

TreeTopFlyer

join:2001-12-14
Houston, TX
reply to rustydusty

Re: Home Server Build

said by rustydusty:

All arrays will be doing hardware based, through the board.

If you decide to go with ESXi please post your results back and the board you go with if you are able to use the RAID from the motherboard. All the boards I've tried so far with RAID built in are considered software RAID by ESXi unless you're using a board with SAS RAID.

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB
reply to rustydusty

You are talking some besides an actual Server, ex Poweredge?

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to rustydusty

For what its worth,.....

quote:
Easy, worry-free USB BIOS Flashback
USB BIOS Flashback offers the most convenient way to flash the BIOS ever! It allows overclockers to try new UEFI BIOS versions easily, without even entering their existing BIOS or operating system. It even works without key components such as the CPU and memory installed. Just plug in any USB storage and push the dedicated button for 3 seconds. The UEFI BIOS is automatically flashed using ATX standby power. Worry-free updating for the ultimate convenience! > Learn More

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI-zGV8SLho

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADcdnwMjd_I

There are one or two (or some) ASUS 990(FX) board(s) that have this feature:

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···13131877

»www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM···0FX_R20/

I know my Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard has it but thats Intel X79.

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA

Now THAT is a handy feature! I'll look for that on my next upgrade.
--
KI6RIT

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to rustydusty

Well gents, assembled everything and went to fire it up, and I can't get any video whatsoever. I've tried numerous PCIe cards with no luck. I've tried some cheap dell's, to Zotac gtx 360's to 8800GTX with no luck. Figured a standard card would work but I can't get any video to save my life! I've tried all 3 PCIe slots on the board with no luck on any card. Any help greatly appreciated.

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to rustydusty

Memory didn't seem to be in place. I figured it would beep if there was issues with anything, especially memory. Oh well, got the raid 10 array built, esxi being installed. Post some pics afterwards