how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hyelton

join:2008-02-29
Rutherfordton, NC

How is the 862G`s Routing

How well does it do at being at router? Just got one and my Router Quit I usually like to have it separate but it will save me some money is it reliable or is it best to get another router and run it in bridged mode?

Couriant

join:2012-10-29
Peoria, AZ

I assume you have a VoIP service with your ISP? If not, then you are wasting your money. Get a Motorola SB6180 instead.

As to the eMTA, it works fine, but there has been some quirks to it connecting wirelessly. Also there is limited options for advanced configuring.

You might as well get the TM802G instead if you are getting a router yourself to save yourself hassles with bridging.

hyelton

join:2008-02-29
Rutherfordton, NC
reply to hyelton

Yea I have VoIP BUT they gave me the modem and they ONLY carry these for DOSIS 3 so im stuck with it, I cant afford $150 for a eMTA online. But I did manage to get it into bridged mode and running it with my DD-WRT router perfectly.

Couriant

join:2012-10-29
Peoria, AZ

Hopefully you should be fine with that. Just remember if you do a factory reset you will have to reconfigure it. I would suggest if you haven't done so to save your settings (should be under the Utilities tab) to avoid the reconfiguration.