ashrc4
Premium Member
join:2009-02-06
australia

1 edit

ashrc4 to DownTheShore

Premium Member

to DownTheShore

Re: UTM cookies forced here on Fx and IE! HELP!

said by DownTheShore:

But that presumes that I'm even interested in taking advantage in their discounts, which I'm not.

Websites don't have to be seen to offer discounts....If it comes from a profile based decision then they can start using it...especially if they can out perform their compeditors on other levels...such as price to begin with.

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore

Premium Member

said by ashrc4:

said by DownTheShore:

But that presumes that I'm even interested in taking advantage in their discounts, which I'm not.

Websites don't have to be seen to offer discounts....If it comes from a profile based decision then they can start using it...especially if they can out perform their compeditors on other levels...such as price to begin with.

My point, though, is that if I'm not inclined to spend the money (or don't even have it in the first place to spend), then they can target me as precisely as they can but it's still going to be a wasted effort on their part because I'm not going to buy what they are selling.

I am also a very lazy person and I'm not going to physically go out of my way just to get a "bargain". I don't scan supermarket flyers to see what's on sale that week and bunny hop from store to store to take advantage of them. If I've got money in my pocket and I need some groceries I stop at whatever supermarket is on my way home. I'm the type of person who doesn't leave her house on Black Friday or December 26th, and I don't even know when Cyber Monday is supposed to be.