share rss forum feed

Kramer
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA
kudos:2
reply to IanR

Re: Best way to sync MS Outlook to Android

Yes, you need a domain name for Apps. 1and1.com has a deal where you can get a .com for 99 cents for the first year. The Myphoneexplorer app mentioned here twice sounds interesting although I haven't used it. If it is limited to wifi only sync, I wouldn't find that useful though. Edit: Actually the more I think about it, WIFI sync is that bad. I really don't care when it gets into Outlook as long as it gets in by the time I get home.

gdio53

join:2000-07-30
Feeding Hills, MA
said by Kramer:

Yes, you need a domain name for Apps. 1and1.com has a deal where you can get a .com for 99 cents for the first year. The Myphoneexplorer app mentioned here twice sounds interesting although I haven't used it. If it is limited to wifi only sync, I wouldn't find that useful though. Edit: Actually the more I think about it, WIFI sync is that bad. I really don't care when it gets into Outlook as long as it gets in by the time I get home.

It's not limited to WiFi, you can sync via USB also, I just find it more convenient to use WiFi.
Also, you have to start the program on the PC, so it's not automatic. Launch app on phone, start Outlook, launch program from within Outlook, then sync.

If you just want to sync your contacts with Google, there's Go Contact Sync »sourceforge.net/projects/googlesyncmod/ but again, you need to be at the PC to sync to Outlook.