join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to CXM_Splicer

Premium Member

to CXM_Splicer

Re: No more Hostess Twinkies for a while

They have already been making concessions and been getting screwed over. They were tired of it, it's been going on for nearly 10 years.

I'm sure they hope someone will buy it and run a proper operation, but it maybe most of them are out of jobs. Still when you push people too far this is what happens.

meeeeeeeeee
join:2003-07-13
Newburgh, NY

2 recommendations

meeeeeeeeee

I read an interesting story in my local paper. One of the union guys was complaining about how he USED to make $80,000 a year with full bennies and a PENSION and now he only makes $60,000. $60,000 a year to deliver TWINKIES??!! And He was COMPLAINING??!!

Then of course, there were the ridiculous work rules established by the unions. Different "brands" required different drivers and trucks so that if one store sold Wonder Bread and Twinkies, both would have to be delivered in separate trucks. Why? Would the Wonder Bread fight with the Twinkies in the back of the truck?

I think there's plenty of blame to go around on this one. You can't realistically expect to be paid huge amounts more than your job is worth and have the company survive. No one is going to pay $75 for a Twinkie so you can live large.