uniqs
skohly
join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ

skohly to MeatChicken

to MeatChicken

Re: [HD] NY 55/10 HD channel 510

said by MeatChicken:

VZ, throw the switch already, it's been in the guide for 2 weeks!

Don't hold your breath. It ain't happening
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by skohly:

said by MeatChicken:

VZ, throw the switch already, it's been in the guide for 2 weeks!

Don't hold your breath. It ain't happening

I'm sure the intent is to get this channel added, otherwise they would not have suddenly added it to the guide. Nor would there be any reason to keep it in the guide and have to field customer calls and complaints about not receiving the channel.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11

icemannyr1

WLNY HD has been turned on for VHO7.
skohly
join:2009-08-19

skohly

said by icemannyr1:

WLNY HD has been turned on for VHO7.

A pleasant surprise indeed!
Steve3
join:2010-01-28
Springfield, NJ

Steve3

I had spoken to a second level tech yesterday concerning another problem. When it was resolved, he asked if there was anything else. I told him about the channel 510 issue. He checked it and was perplexed over it. He said he was going to speak to that department to resolve the issue. The channel is on today. I am not taking credit for it, but I learned that if you want something done with FIOS, speak to a second level tech.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by Steve3:

I had spoken to a second level tech yesterday concerning another problem. When it was resolved, he asked if there was anything else. I told him about the channel 510 issue. He checked it and was perplexed over it. He said he was going to speak to that department to resolve the issue. The channel is on today. I am not taking credit for it, but I learned that if you want something done with FIOS, speak to a second level tech.

Yeah, that may have done the trick. I called tech support a few weeks ago figuring they might not even know there's a problem. The guy I spoke with did say it was a known issue, so it's possible someone may have forgotten about it and just needed to flip a switch or something.

Glad it's on. Only took 5 months! Looks like we can finally end this thread.

levelthree
@verizon.net

levelthree to Steve3

Anon

to Steve3
said by Steve3:

launch was put off due to hurricane sandy and thanksgiving "network quiet period".