Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

railwayop

join:2012-11-18
Etobicoke, ON

[Internet] Email Fonts Adding

Hi Everyone!
Is there a way to add my own special fonts (specifically some neat true-type ones I use in word processors) to the sympatico email messages? And if so, how?

Thanks,
Rob

RickStep
Premium
join:2002-11-25
Hamilton, ON
kudos:1
The issue may have more to do with the O/S (operating system) and / or the email client.

If your email client is not set to use text only, any font loaded into the O/S from Windows XP to today Windows 8; should be available for email.

There is a secondary issue. If you use a special font in Microsoft Word, the font will travel with the Microsoft Word document. If the Microsoft Word document font is edited, and the recipient doesn't have a licenced copy of that font; the font it will be replaced with a generic font. I believe email works the same way.

While you’re sent email may have a "cute font"; the retransmitted font (unlicensed font) will be removed.

If you are trying to send a birthday card, it is a one time email. If you are trying to do something else; it is unlikely that the font will be transmitted forward.

There are number of security and copyright issues that are in play here; and you may be contravening both.

Rick

rwyop

@bell.ca
Hi
THANK YOU for the help - appreciate the feedback too - guess it's a no go and wondered if it was even possible to do but that's okay - thanks!

Rob