urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

[Exchange] Are some of Microsoft's newly revamped pages... wrong

Perhaps I have a proxy issue over here but if anyone could tell me, does the title match what's listed for downloads?

»www.microsoft.com/en-us/download···id=11876

Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Management Tools (32-Bit)

Yet listed...

E2K7SP1EN32.exe 840.6 MB
E2K7SP2EN32.exe 870.0 MB
E2K7SP3EN32.exe 878.9 MB

Those look like service packs.

urbanriot
Premium
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

Re: [Exchange] Are some of Microsoft's newly revamped pages... w

Nope, looks like I'm wrong and Microsoft designs unintuitive products at times. You need to download the entire service pack, install the service pack but not choose to install the service pack if you want to install the little 1mb management console.

izy
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
endless loop
kudos:2

Not sure why MS should cater to those still running 32 bit systems to manage a 64 bit Exchange 2007 server.

RDP does the trick too....
--
"Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them." Einstein

urbanriot
Premium
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

Since you're obviously not in IT, let me enlighten you - PST export functionality from the Exchange 2007 Management Shell won't function in an x64 environment so basically if you want to batch export a pile of mailboxes with a script to migrate to something new like Exchange 2013, these tools are needed.

Not sure how RDP would do the trick for exporting PST's but it doesn't matter as I was able to configure a 32 bit client PC to do the job after meeting a silly amount of pre-requisites in installing an entire SP on a system without Exchange.