North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612 to bcsman

MVM

to bcsman

Re: [DSL] Reset my 7500, now in Routed Bridge mode??

It may be possible your area is a DHCP area and a PPPoE area. It's not uncommon to see that in use considering some of Frontier's legacy areas are PPPoA and PPPoE. I'm in one of those areas and can switch between them at will.

When the modem went into Routed Bridge mode, it never asked for a password but yet got an IP address, correct? I don't remember hearing of Frontier having OpenPPPoE or a default login profile to use for activating modems like Verizon did, but I know many of Verizon's territories that were sold to Frontier did originally use DHCP.

So in short, use what you'd like. Whichever works for you.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

Our area was the same as Smith described, we where originally PPPoA, then PPPoE was introduced about a year ago. I could switch back and forth between the two. But I have been playing with a 7500 and 7550 the last couple days when I let the modems self detect the network configuration and PPPoA was no longer detected as being available, but several bridge configurations were detected. So will be see the same as you in the near future? Only time will tell, but if it does I will be sure to report it to the forum.

Can anyone from Frontier have information that they can share?