spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cricket1970

@direcpc.com

[HN7000S] Not sure I did the right thing.

Lastnight I got a little frustrated with HN. I called and complained about the slow service. (I have been a customer since 2006ish.) Some how I got talked into the Gen 4. Please help. I work from home every other day and go through a VPN. Is there anyone out there having any issues with that? What I currently have works well for me. I am a creature of habit so-to-say so I am very nervous about this and would like some feed-back.
Thanks for reading.

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
Well not everything on my end is accessible or useable with Gen4 and right now my upload speed is only getting half the speed back on the HN7000 and as for the download, at times its good and other times its bad, witch i think is congestion. I believe Hughes is still hard at work with the Gen4 cause it seems as though right now that the caps are disable (witch helps but not towards the congestion) so I call that beta testing, and we are the beta testing customers (for the time-being)
--
HT1000/ 1 watt/ Power Max plan/ 4 pc's on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

PCsongBird

join:2006-12-07
Hawthorne, FL
reply to cricket1970
Cricket, I remember reading awhile back that some on G4 were having probs w/ VPN connecting right now. I don't recall all the details, but you might want to post this over on the Hughes Community forum for one of the mods to answer, and also see if there is any info about this already posted. You just may want to put it on hold until you get an answer.
--
HN9000-Elite-Spaceway3 + HT1000-PowerMax-EchoStar17/Dual 3.2G P4 Rackmount Pro Tools Computer/HP Pavilion dv7 i7/Toshiba Satellite 5105/Linksys E3000/WinXP Pro SP3/Win7 64bit/Chrome

C0RR0SIVE88

@direcway.com
I think there are issues with VPN and Gen4, but, I am not certain... It seems some people can't get it to work, and the ones that do, notice that the speeds are somewhat iffy with it.

The speed issue isn't congestion related, it's more or less them trying to load balance the system properly IMO. I typically see 7.0 to 10Mbps. Though, there are nights it dips to virtually nothing out of no where.

walkaway

@direcway.com
reply to cricket1970
I work from home and upgraded to Gen4 and have been on the phone with them for 3+ hours a week trying t resolve the VPN issues. I was just told they had resolved the issue and it works, guess what it still does not work. Now I am trying to cancel the account and I get laughed at or hung up on.

Cricket1970

@direcpc.com
reply to PCsongBird
Thank you. What is the link for the Hughes Community forum?

gwalk
Premium
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.
»community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics
Good luck over there.
I also am on a HN7000s. After looking the plans over and the amount of Gen4 problems I'm staying with what I have.

pvtpilot94
System
Premium
join:2001-11-23
Bucyrus, OH
reply to cricket1970
Click for full size
speed
Here is my most recent Hughes GEN4 speed test results.
all over the place. Beam 23.
Hughes has scheduled a truck roll to look at the equipment here even
though there are no problems shown in the modem diagnostics

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

Friendly, WV
Whats the link address you toke this speed test at? I can't find the hughes speed test tools anywhere.

East Texas

@direcway.com
reply to pvtpilot94
Good luck with the truck roll. I've already had one and it did nothing. He changed out the radio and it didn't help. So I called Customer Service back and now I have another truck roll for next week. I really don't think it is anything on our side, I think it on HughesNet side and I wish they would get it fixed soon.

HT1000 /Beam 44 / Power Pro Plan

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to cricket1970
said by Joseph Windham :

To add fuel to the fire, my system went down on October 18, 2012. This was the day the Hurricane Sandy was over the Bahamas. I did not call nor report because I have been told my downlink is Maryland, and that was where all the chaos was. On Sunday, Nov. 18, I did call and got some limited help. Called back on Tuesday, because the help did not last, and was told after some one hour of the same thing from the day before, that the case would be elevated: case number 33559618 and I would receive a call-back within 48 hours. I have waited here at home patiently for 47 hours with no call-back. My system goes from 1200kbs to 0 (yes, zero) from one test to the next. There is basically no service. I am aware you are working, but a phone call to keep me from sitting on my butt, when promised, would be appreciated. I am already looking at cable, and have been with Hughes for about 10 years. Not a happy campter.

said by [employee=Sara for Hughes :

]Our Network Operations engineers have restored the affected HN7000 system browsing issues. Watch for improvements. If you still believe your system is not performing as expected, please contact our support hotline at 866-347-3292.

said by WVmom21 :

I know this is 4 days later, but we are still experiencing problems with SLOW service (which may be due to holiday traffic) but also still are getting DNS Acceleration(N) and Web Acceleration problems.

said by C0RR0SIVE:

Sara, just curious, was the HN7000 issue related to blank web pages???? If so... it seems Gen4 users are seeing the same issue when web acceleration is enabled... Can't say much other than I know a group of people have had this particular issue for a few days, and I recently developed that issue.

From the looks of things, Sara is taking all the heat.. Is it really this bad?? Wow
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired router/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
She takes quite a bit of heat. Every time something goes wrong, which is quite often, she takes the heat. I don't envy her or any member of Hughes customer support. That job cannot be easy.