Msradell
P.E.
Premium
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY
reply to sivran

Re: [WIN8] With Sinofsky Gone, Start Menu Could Return to Window

said by sivran:

I like Win 8 better than 7 in fact. I still have the preview on my laptop. The lappy is too old to bother with upgrading, but I will be upgrading my main desktop to 8.

You are certainly one of the few. Would you like better about it compared to windows 7?

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
kudos:1

Well, for one, I like that it takes far less clicks to get various places like control panel, admin tools, and add/remove programs (*cough* excuse me, "Programs and Features" ) thanks to the ribbonized Explorer and the start flag's context menu. I also like the sidebars, though I wish they had taken the left one just one step further and turned it into a complete virtual desktop feature.

I like that nothing made me want to pull my hair out while using it.

And oddly enough, I like Metro better than the Win 7/Vista start menu. Though I'd rather have the Classic Start Menu back. As in the 9x/2k/XP one.
--
Think Outside the Fox.

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network
reply to Msradell

said by Msradell:

said by sivran:

I like Win 8 better than 7 in fact. I still have the preview on my laptop. The lappy is too old to bother with upgrading, but I will be upgrading my main desktop to 8.

You are certainly one of the few. Would you like better about it compared to windows 7?

Count me as one of the few as well. Four machines upgraded at home, three more to go.
--
Awesome. More handouts, food stamps, welfare and entitlements to come. I'm so proud.