CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

[Satellite] DishNetwork... UHF reception

Any way to increase the reception of the UHF remote?

I have had some issues in the past with reception in my bedroom. We moved the TV and sat box this afternoon and moved it an additional couple of feet and it seems to be far, far worse...

Any way to make the reception better?

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

First thing is obvious, but try new batteries. Second thing to try is an "extension" on the UHF antenna.

Get a short piece of coaxial cable, RG59 is fine for this, and a coaxial coupler, and add it to this:

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Batteries - been there, done that. I think I have some coax cable around here- if not me then my BIL who installs TW could have some scrap pieces.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

What direction is the UHF antenna pointed ? Not sure if it really makes a difference, but "up" would seem the most logical.

guhuna
Premium Member
join:2001-03-31
Benicia, CA

guhuna to CylonRed

Premium Member

to CylonRed
I've used VHF/UHF antennas before. A friend has a 5k+ square foot home and needed the extra boost. A cheap $25 dollar dual band antenna did the trick. Key is hiding it behind the entertainment center.
Also did you try and change the remote channels? I find the usual channel 1-10 are crappy. Try 10-25 A and B bands, my friends home the B band works better.

CylonRed
MVM
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

I did do that - I had an antenna that has a broken ear that I used. It is better but it is still really odd that sometimes the only way I can change a channel is to point the remote the opposite of the direction of the receiver. It can still be frustrating finding the right direction and plane to have the remote to have it work.
quote:
What direction is the UHF antenna pointed ? Not sure if it really makes a difference, but "up" would seem the most logical.
Correct - it is pointed up. Seems to work best that way.