All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
seguycarbono
join:2012-11-18

seguycarbono to kovy7

to kovy7

Re: [Internet] PS3 super slow speed w/ WIFI to sagemcom 2864

Could it simply be that the ps3 is too far ? and its wifi specs are shit compared to my laptop? wich would explain why my laptop is getting 13-15mbs as opposed to 660kbps on the playstation?

In that case, why did it work well with Videotron? My router was at the same spot in the house when i was with them.
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

said by seguycarbono:

Could it simply be that the ps3 is too far ? and its wifi specs are shit compared to my laptop? wich would explain why my laptop is getting 13-15mbs as opposed to 660kbps on the playstation?

In that case, why did it work well with Videotron? My router was at the same spot in the house when i was with them.

Well you could try to change channels and wireless modes in the Bell modem to see it that helps.
seguycarbono

seguycarbono

What do you mean?

by default i think most devices on 2.4ghz frequency use channel 6. you think i'm getting interference?

what modes?
kovy7

kovy7

said by seguycarbono:

What do you mean?

by default i think most devices on 2.4ghz frequency use channel 6. you think i'm getting interference?

what modes?

Could be.

You know modes as in, B, G or N.
seguycarbono

seguycarbono

Well the PS3 is b/g but all my other devices are N. I would expect my router to be backwards compatible.

Or is there a way to set different modes for different devices?
kovy7

kovy7

said by seguycarbono:

Well the PS3 is b/g but all my other devices are N. I would expect my router to be backwards compatible.

Or is there a way to set different modes for different devices?

Yes there is a way... so try and test.