Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

2 recommendations

Bouzouki music

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoOXIoqCWnE

I am listening to Bouzouki music. Just about the sweetest sounding instrument in the world. I loved this song as a kid.

Pin
Premium
join:2002-06-19
The Dungeon

Bouzouki
Ahh, so it's an instrument and not a style:
--
time nor tide wait for no man...

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
They're part of the mandoline family of instruments, sound similar, a pair of strings for each note. 3 or 4 pair (two types, kinda like some bass guitars are 4 string and some are 5 string). They are used with a variety of tunings.

Another instrument I love is the Erhu (Chinese violin): »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erhu
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
These cats play some unique instruments, Wayne Shorter on reeds (I've seen him play a twin tube contraption), and Joe Zawinul, who plays Sythesizers, he used to suspend one upside down and play it and one under it, at the same time. They are former Weather Report collegues...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=RII5A7g6q9I

--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to signmeuptoo
Check on Mahavishnu's custom guitar:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyDwQWScFHU

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
McLaughlin played in Shakti, an acoustic guitar modified with drone strings like a citar.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vE2lYOzqYE

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to signmeuptoo