« [Embarq] help e3200Business Class »
This is a sub-selection from New DSLAM!
LFHC
join:2012-11-04
Collinsville, VA

LFHC to whatthehell

to whatthehell

Re: New DSLAM!

haha yeah it would be nice if it was that easy. to codyyy this build has been going on for months now there is a lot involved. in my area Centurylink has been doing a lot of upgrades. the best person to talk to would be a central office tech, That is who I spoke with and He was able to tell me all the details of what was being put in.
Nemesis158
CTL 1G Fiber
join:2012-09-15
Spokane, WA

Nemesis158

How would one get ahold of a CO tech?
I saw an upgraded DSLAM in town that looked just like this, so i can assume then if the are going to put one closer to my house it will look like this?
LFHC
Collinsville, VA

LFHC

I used to work at radioshack and we always have techs coming in to buy various parts and I asked one of the guys and he happened to be a CO tech he called another guy with the plans and told me what was being installed. Even centurylink told me to talk to a tech if i could find one that they would know more. but CO techs are better to talk to.Im not sure if you are in a former quest area but as far as i have seen around here all the new upgrades are in this enclosure they usually house a calix c7 if fiber is to the switch and it does bonded DSL.

whatthehell
@embarqhsd.net

whatthehell to Nemesis158

Anon

to Nemesis158
Click for full size
Calix C7 DSLAM
The picture shown in this thread is an outdoor cabinet. It is NOT a DSLAM.

It is used to hold rack mounted equipment such as a channel bank.

You would have to be able to look inside to determine what it contains.

Here is a picture of a DSLAM that could be mounted into an outdoor cabinet.

As you can see, it is intended to be rack mounted and is not weatherproof, so it needs to me mounted in an environmental cabinet.

Just because you see an outdoor cabinet does not mean you can jump up and down waiting for the speed increase.
LFHC
Collinsville, VA

LFHC

As I have said I know what is there because I talked to a central office tech that works for this area and he told me what is being installed I am not guessing I know for a fact
Nemesis158
CTL 1G Fiber
join:2012-09-15
Spokane, WA

Nemesis158 to LFHC

to LFHC
Yes i am in a former qwest area. I recently learned that CenturyLink is going to lease fiber cable on a run that is 200ft from my front door. However ive got nothing as far as details go yet.....