there
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Mr Matt

Re: Electric Vehicle Charging Station

said by Mr Matt:

When I ran the numbers on the purchase of another RX hybrid I would have recovered the difference in cost if I kept the vehicle from 7 to 9 years if my wife was still driving the same route in South Florida.

You have put a lot of careful thought into all this.

What gets me are another sort that go overboard trying to analyze break-even points based on fuel economy, trying to 'prove' a vehicle like the RX hybrid a bad decision.

People routinely purchase less efficient larger engined versions of non-hybrid vehicles based on a desire for more power. This isn't wrong, it is just a choice. One can't calculate a number like fuel economy to 'justify' the decision.

In your case, you got better fuel economy + a significant power upgrade from your RX400h. Not having to refill the tank as often wins in my eyes too.
--
The talented hawk speaks French.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by Cho Baka:

What gets me are another sort that go overboard trying to analyze break-even points based on fuel economy, trying to 'prove' a vehicle like the RX hybrid a bad decision.

Hope you don't think I am one of then! There are certainly a lot of factors as you mentioned.
--
1/22/2012 Delegate Count
Newt 25 | Romney 14 | Ron Paul 10 | Santorum 8

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-23
there
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Cogeco Cable

Given the research you are doing, I am sure you will be happy with your final decision.

If you want to throw another variable in, there is also the Plug-in Prius. Smaller electric-only range (subsequent driving is hybrid) than the others you mentioned, but with a lower price (starts at 32 k).

Pros are far better gasoline fuel economy than the Volt, lower price and a shorter charge time. The tradeoff is a smaller battery capacity.

»www.toyota.com/prius-plug-in/
--
The talented hawk speaks French.