Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

WhatHappened

join:2004-08-06
Waseca, MN
kudos:2

[Cable HSI] Internet outage MN

No Mediacom Internet in Waseca MN. All customer support phone lines say they are too busy to take calls and call back in 4 hrs if you are still having issues..

What kind of support is that??? Call back in 4hours??

This outage is already gone on about 2hours.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103

There is a service interruption in the area that technicians are working to resolve now. There has been no update as to when the service will be restored. As soon as I have any update, I will post it here.

WhatHappened

Waseca, MN

Can you answer the question of whether Mediacom has any redundancy in their network? Even the initial business ISPs we used in the early/mid 90's had independent paths to prevent single point of failure.

I visited a local restaurant in town tonight that provides wifi but they use Mediacom, so their wifi and ability to process Credit cards were off-line.

This is posted from McD's wifi (I guess they don't use Mediacom).

cablewife

join:2012-11-18
Cleveland, MN
reply to WhatHappened

Ask the hunter that shot the ariel cable why the internet is down. It just came back up. Hard to find it in the dark when the shot went through the fiber and did not cut it in two pieces.

cablewife

Cleveland, MN

Spoke too soon, out again

cablewife

Cleveland, MN
reply to WhatHappened

Back on. Good job Techs!!!

WhatHappened

Waseca, MN
reply to cablewife

said by cablewife:

Ask the hunter that shot the ariel cable why the internet is down. It just came back up. Hard to find it in the dark when the shot went through the fiber and did not cut it in two pieces.

If it was truly a single fiber in the rural Cleveland/St Peter Area that took out most of the Mediacom's subscribers in MN, that answers my question about redundancy in Mediacom's network. (There is none!!)

Mediacom really needs to make their network more fault tolerant.

cablewife

Cleveland, MN

1 edit

test

Not fixed

@mycingular.net

Still no Internet. It has been more than 6 hours. Good job, Mediacom!

CRAKitty

@mycingular.net
reply to cablewife

Service has been out in Savage since 5pm. Is this part of the same issue?

Poop

@mycingular.net
reply to Not fixed

Was on....now broken again.

Domja

@hickorytech.net

What a bummer... Right in the middle of a great game of black ops 2 and. Smash goes the internet... We are doomed!

Domja

@hickorytech.net

Is It Back Online Yet?

k9iua6

join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA
kudos:1

said by Domja :

Is It Back Online Yet?

Well, aren't you sitting at your computer or in front of your television and can see? If not, what difference does it make until you need to use the connection or watch the TV show?

GLIMMER

join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

if that line is that important it should be in the ground especially if its in a rule area.