Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
reply to IowaCowboy

Re: Enclosing an underground drop in conduit

Also whatever sat tech installed your system, needs to come back out and redo that, no bushings for the wire entering the house, no visible outside grounding, piss poor service loops. Looks like a hack/contractor job.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
said by OSUGoose:

Also whatever sat tech installed your system, needs to come back out and redo that, no bushings for the wire entering the house, no visible outside grounding, piss poor service loops. Looks like a hack/contractor job.

The satellite system is no longer in use as it was cheaper to buy a triple play through Comcast. The DTV system was also grounded inside.

The wire on the far right is a Comcast wire going to my bedroom. The unit came with a cable outlet in the living room and master bedroom so I paid then AT&T Broadband to install an outlet in the second bedroom. The reason dual coax was used was the system used to be a dual cable system (with the A/B cable that utilized the pain in the butt A/B switches or you could hand more $$$ over to Comcast for a converter that switched the A and B cable lines automatically). Dual wire comes in handy as one goes to the cable modem and the other goes to the TV.

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
I figured it was one or the other, as I ran into old AT&T BB cabling like that or TWC Satellite (cant recall the exact name, as I didn't keep a section of it). Personally I would remove the DTV stuff if it was me, as you basically have a big lightning rod that's not in use or properly grounded to DTV and NEC standards.