chunk73
Premium Member
join:2002-02-22
Trumbull, CT

chunk73

Premium Member

Almost perfect modem stats since power returned after Sandy

Click for full size
Before sandy and the massive power outage in our area (Fairfield, CT) my modem would usually go no longer than 24 hours before getting uncorrectable errors in the logs. Just checked my modem today and no uncorrectable errors for almost 17 days. Do you think it is just a coincedence or do you think the power down of all the network equipment between my house and the head end helped. Actually think the headend went down at some point as well because of the possibility of water damage. Just seems to be directly related. Or perhaps a bad run of fiber was taken down by a tree and the new fiber is better. I guess will never know for sure. just wondering what everyone thinks and if anyone else has seen an improvement on their modems as well.
chunk73

chunk73

Premium Member

Should mention that I did get a new IP, however pretty sure almost everyone did since the modems were disconnected for so long. Obviously has no bearing on physical layer connectivity, but just thought I would add that in.

Anon18
@optonline.net

Anon18

Anon

Consider yourself lucky. I went from great numbers before the storm to awful numbers after.

Your numbers do look spectacular, btw.