All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

ikyuaoki
join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS

ikyuaoki to jh20001

to jh20001

Re: [NV] Cox speed vs competition vs cost (Cox is slow)

to OP: can tell me what's difference latency on the cox between and AT&T wireless what'd you are getting?

jh20001
TheSaint
join:2012-11-18
Las Vegas, NV

jh20001

said by ikyuaoki:

to OP: can tell me what's difference latency on the cox between and AT&T wireless what'd you are getting?

My ping to LA on cox varies between 20 and 80 on average, with AT&T higher at around 80-110. AT&T is higher although still great.

Another great thing about AT&T is there is none of that temp little boost. Cox's boost has turned into a tease more than anything anymore. AT&T's speed stays steady.

Don't get me wrong. For the most part, Cox's downstream is usable. It's just that 1) the upstream is severely outdated and 2) The speed to price ratio is outdated. So I feel cheated on the upstream and cheated on the price now.

ikyuaoki
join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS

ikyuaoki

oh well, that's pretty high latency but if that works for you then it's great. in my case, i'm gamer and i'd cares about latency that's more important to the gamers is latency anyway.

thanks for tell me what'd difference.

jh20001
TheSaint
join:2012-11-18
Las Vegas, NV

jh20001

said by ikyuaoki:

oh well, that's pretty high latency but if that works for you then it's great. in my case, i'm gamer and i'd cares about latency that's more important to the gamers is latency anyway.

thanks for tell me what'd difference.

I agree. What I am referring to being pretty good is the fact that it is better than it has been in the past. I remember when I got about 300 on cox. So to get around 80 even on a cellular connection is pretty good. Especially as it only get's better.