Search similar:

uniqs

Lifeforce
Heard, not seen
join:2002-05-27
canada

Lifeforce

[Cable] DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem

Is this modem that Canada Computers is carrying, Thomson DCM476 - DOCSIS 3.0 Certified Cable Modem, supported by Teksavvy? If so, what do you guys think about it?
dm1336
join:2011-08-07
Scarborough, ON

dm1336

Yup it's a supported modem. You can get $20 off the activation fee if you buy the modem through Teksavvy instead of at Canada Computers.
Teksavvy sells the DCM476 for $99 + $10 shipping.

Lifeforce
Heard, not seen
join:2002-05-27
canada

Lifeforce

Already a customer but I've been having so many connection issues I'm ready to swap out the modem that came with me from Rogers to that one. Thanks for the info!
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock to Lifeforce

Premium Member

to Lifeforce
Just double check the firmware version compatibility with the direct forum staff. There were some problems but I understand it got sorted out. I got a DMC476 direct from TSI and it's worked great.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to Lifeforce

Premium Member

to Lifeforce
said by Lifeforce:

Is this modem that Canada Computers is carrying, Thomson DCM476 - DOCSIS 3.0 Certified Cable Modem, supported by Teksavvy? If so, what do you guys think about it?

In practice, it almost certainly has the correct firmware on it. However, there is nothing explicitly guaranteeing it, and Canada Computers staff generally don't know about the issue of firmware version.

What modem are you using, and what firmware is on it?