share rss forum feed

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:146
reply to postfixalgo

Re: [Tampa] Tampa: Bridging new DPX2203C?

Yep and while you were at it did you see all the problems with that device because I sure did....couldn't help but notice them. Use it at your own peril. I'll be here for you but if it falls into one of the categories of known issues with that device I'll refer you to Dlink...

You missed my question about the cameras...nowhere in your original post did you mention it....kind of important to know before I suggest things

Last...any decent router will do well....do yourself (and me) a favor and seriously consider one that doesn't have a pile of functionality complaints...only a suggestion.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

postfixalgo

join:2011-08-12

Take a second look, my original post did mention cameras! But at that stage my query was exclusively how to deal with BHN's 2203 box as replacement for Verizon's Westell ditto as I transition from Verizon to BrightHouse.
Now, at phase three, I thought you might have some smart html code to share for accessing LAN and cams thru a 2203. Oh, by the way, that rarely changing IP got changed overnight, after just 5 days of service.
Also, my $29 D-Link router (now $18.38) has worked flawlessly for me for years.

Meanwhile, thanks for an entertaining exchange.

Cheers.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by postfixalgo:

Take a second look, my original post did mention cameras! But at that stage my query was exclusively how to deal with BHN's 2203 box as replacement for Verizon's Westell ditto as I transition from Verizon to BrightHouse.
Now, at phase three, I thought you might have some smart html code to share for accessing LAN and cams thru a 2203. Oh, by the way, that rarely changing IP got changed overnight, after just 5 days of service.
Also, my $29 D-Link router (now $18.38) has worked flawlessly for me for years.

Meanwhile, thanks for an entertaining exchange.

Cheers.

I'm happy and yet perplexed you find this entertaining...lets see, you mention cameras however nothing about them being IP cameras (we don't make assumptions here on equipment) and amazingly enough your IP has changed when most others do not.

By some chance were you toying around last night and just happened to change equipment connected to the modem even for just a few minutes, did by some chance you disconnect power to the modem/router when you went to bed which happened to coincide with your lease expire time because otherwise your IP should not have changed.

If you have connectivity problems the first place I suggest you look is your router...all these people didn't just imagine their problems trust me...

»www.amazon.com/D-Link-DIR-601-Wi···points=0

Out of 555 reviews 186 of them are less than stellar or roughly half...and that's just on one site.

In my professional opinion there is nothing entertaining about that at all. The Newegg results are similar with 36% of the folks giving the device 3 stars or lower and amazingly all complaining of the same things.

As for the HTML code...HTML for what? Do you have a server where you plan to house this code and for what purpose...once again I'm faced with having to pry the info out of you...exactly what would you like to do postfix? Help me here...please

Not trying to cause grief but since you created this thread I've felt like I'm chasing my tail...you ask for advice and then don't take it...so at this point I wish you all the best...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

postfixalgo

join:2011-08-12

Thought I'd just help your with the math re. ratings of my "$39" router (now $17.81 at amazon): A combined total of 66% at amazon + newegg rate it 4 stars/eggs or better, only 27% rate it at 2 or less, viz. a convincingly above-average rating. NOT the opposite !!!!
And, incidentally, 186 of 555 is not roughly half, it's barely 1/3. If excluding those sitting on the fence (3 stars), you'll find your math even more flawed. Pandering to the uneducated ??

Cheers again.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by postfixalgo:

Thought I'd just help your with the math re. ratings of my "$39" router (now $17.81 at amazon): A combined total of 66% at amazon + newegg rate it 4 stars/eggs or better, only 27% rate it at 2 or less, viz. a convincingly above-average rating. NOT the opposite !!!!
And, incidentally, 186 of 555 is not roughly half, it's barely 1/3. If excluding those sitting on the fence (3 stars), you'll find your math even more flawed. Pandering to the uneducated ??

Cheers again.

Thank you for proving my point... best of luck to you.
--