Search similar:

uniqs
lawnman20066
join:2010-12-10
Scott Depot, WV

lawnman20066 to Moostang

to Moostang

Re: [Speed] Looking for more knowledge about issue

I guess I did. I didn't realize suddenlink had that information in their speedtest results. Oh well. The MAC isn't that big of a deal. So my apologies to the tech, regardless the issue persists.

SDL L3Tech
join:2011-06-07
Tyler, TX

1 edit

SDL L3Tech to lawnman20066

to lawnman20066
Hello Lawnman. Would you please post the results of the tests during each step I asked you to perform. You can take a screenshot of the network tab of your task manager while you're downloading the various files so it too can be posted.

I would like you to download and run a Pingplotter Pro (free trial) trace to 66.76.219.250 (Suddenlink's speedtest server in Washington) for the next 24 hours. Once complete, you can attach the sample set (file, save sample set) so that I can analyze the results. It also allows you to make commands on the graph. Please make a comment at the time of the test when you perform a speedtest or download a large file.

Also, You mentioned that you contacted tech support but did they ever send a tech out with a laptop to test with directly off of the modem? If so, what were his results?
lawnman20066
join:2010-12-10
Scott Depot, WV

1 edit

lawnman20066

I am finally getting help from the local office. Guy will be here Saturday to take my modem to the office and to run tests off his laptop. Will get back to everyone then.

Also, I am not repeating everything you told me to do because I have already done all that stuff at least a half dozen times for your techs on the phone and the ones that have been here, and for my own curiosity. That is how I found the problem to begin with!!!

I am tired of running in circles in suddenlinks black hole of techs. I just want it fixed. How hard is that to understand? I have done everything you asked me to do for other people.

I am not just going to keep waisting my time over and over and over. Whats the point? It is what it is. Something is wrong and no one wants to fix it. Like I said, Saturday is it. Goodbye to everything on Monday except basic cable. I am not joking, I am not threatening, it is a darn promise. I will also file a complaint with the FTC if this guy falls through on this.

Suddenlink has had two, almost three weeks to fix this. Instead all I get is B.S. and asked to repeat stuff over and over. Most of this stuff I have done and tried BEFORE I even called suddenlink...I appreciate you trying to help, and I am not mad at you. I am just stating my point here. I do not have the time to keep doing things over and over again, unless your company wants to pay me to do your techs job then we will talk. Thanks!
benk016
join:2011-06-05
Owasso, OK

benk016

I wouldn't let them take your modem to their office to test. He needs to do the test on the modem while it is in your house. If they are testing just to see if the modem is bad they need to just try a known good modem at your house. By testing at their office they would be bypassing all of the lines between your house and the offices which is likely where your problems are.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle to lawnman20066

Premium Member

to lawnman20066
Even if they found a line issue, it'd be a week at the earliest before a plant guy was out there to work on it, lol
Moostang
join:2009-03-24
Tyler, TX

Moostang to lawnman20066

to lawnman20066
If he is consistently getting 20mb throughput with real file transfers (not silly speedtests) regardless of time of day then it is likely not a plant or congestion problem.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

How would getting 1/5th of your speed rule out a problem w/ the isp?
jdmm72
join:2002-02-12
Cary, NC

1 edit

jdmm72 to lawnman20066

to lawnman20066
If you want to test real world speeds, start a download to something like a Linux Live DVD image (4+GB) on something that can do multiple download sessions like Free Download Manager. I'd recommend Mepis personally, as they are based in WV themselves.

My bet is that they have one 1-gb fiber uplink to his node and it is overutilized, not the actually node itself. But then again, SL agents on here and tech support always told me that my node was less than 25% of capacity, while the local plant told me that the node was over capacity (so who do you trust, local or call center?)

And I have to agree with Moldy, the false advertisement thing won't even be looked at by FTC, FCC, WVAG or any government agency. If you want a response, use BBB, but that's all you'll get is a response. They aren't false advertising, they advertise up to 107Mbps, not 107Mbps always. Yes, it's weasel, lawyer speak, but it is what it is. If you don't get resolution, I'd bump the speed back to 30Mbps, no reason to pay for more if that is what you are getting.